Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find files with specific date Post 302738927 by maxim42 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:47:36 AM
Old 12-03-2012
thanks alot for your contributions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find files with specific date and time

Hi, I wanna to find files with specific date and time. I know this command: ls -ltr /system1/*.505 | grep 'Jan 18 09:00'. I want the 'Jan 18 09:00' not hard coded, I want it coming from the system date and time. And I want the time varies from 09:00-09:05. Is this possible without heavy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup of files for a specific date

I want to write script for backing up archive logs files for specific date. please give me idea for that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akm9999
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

backup of files for a specific date

In Linux Advance server I want to write one script for backing up files for a specific date like 24/07/2008. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akm9999
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement to find events from a specific date

I have a script which archives log file events which are 90-days old. Script works fine but I wanted some input on one aspect of this script. My nawk statement, bolded below, that removes events 90-days prior from today, I need it to find anything 90-days or older. The log file date pattern looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Commands Run on Specific Date

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out what commands were run on a specific date. I'm looking to see if I can find certain commands that were run on 3/4, today is 3/10...? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in Advance, Matt ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files having filename containing specific date format

Hi, I have a requirement to create a shell script(tcsh) that finds all the files in a directory having the file name containing date format "YYYYMMDDHHMM" and extract the date time part ""YYYYMMDDHHMM" for further processing. Could you please have any idea on this. trades_201604040000.out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies
UNIVERSAL::require(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     UNIVERSAL::require(3)

NAME
UNIVERSAL::require - require() modules from a variable SYNOPSIS
# This only needs to be said once in your program. require UNIVERSAL::require; # Same as "require Some::Module" my $module = 'Some::Module'; $module->require or die $@; # Same as "use Some::Module" BEGIN { $module->use or die $@ } DESCRIPTION
If you've ever had to do this... eval "require $module"; to get around the bareword caveats on require(), this module is for you. It creates a universal require() class method that will work with every Perl module and its secure. So instead of doing some arcane eval() work, you can do this: $module->require; It doesn't save you much typing, but it'll make alot more sense to someone who's not a ninth level Perl acolyte. Methods require my $return_val = $module->require or die $@; my $return_val = $module->require($version) or die $@; This works exactly like Perl's require, except without the bareword restriction, and it doesn't die. Since require() is placed in the UNIVERSAL namespace, it will work on any module. You just have to use UNIVERSAL::require somewhere in your code. Should the module require fail, or not be a high enough $version, it will simply return false and not die. The error will be in $@ as well as $UNIVERSAL::require::ERROR. $module->require or die $@; use my $require_return = $module->use or die $@; my $require_return = $module->use(@imports) or die $@; Like "UNIVERSAL::require", this allows you to "use" a $module without having to eval to work around the bareword requirement. It returns the same as require. Should either the require or the import fail it will return false. The error will be in $@. If possible, call this inside a BEGIN block to emulate a normal "use" as closely as possible. BEGIN { $module->use } SECURITY NOTES
UNIVERSAL::require makes use of "eval STRING". In previous versions of UNIVERSAL::require it was discovered that one could craft a class name which would result in code being executed. This hole has been closed. The only variables now exposed to "eval STRING" are the caller's package, filename and line which are not tainted. UNIVERSAL::require is taint clean. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001, 2005 by Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> Now maintained by Neil Bowers (NEILB). SEE ALSO
Module::Load, "require" in perlfunc, <http://dev.perl.org/rfc/253.pod> perl v5.18.2 2013-09-27 UNIVERSAL::require(3)