Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware Diagnosis
Special Forums Hardware Hardware Diagnosis Post 302738555 by WrinkledCheese on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 01:01:49 AM
Old 12-02-2012
I had to install the latest BIOS to get the Opteron "Istanbul" Hex Core processors working with the motherboard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware

Hi I have a problem to start up my Solaris Ultra 5. When it boots up I get a strange clicking sound, sounds like the hard drive that is "thinking" very hard. On the screen I get these messages: Boot device: Files and Args: Please check cable and try again Network link setup fail Time out... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Per and Hardware

Is it possible to use Perl to work with hardware? Or is it strictly for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luftwaffe
1 Replies

4. Programming

C and hardware !

Hello ! I have a friend , in one day he tell me this : some guy made a cool program in C , for some sort or hardware control . I say : wow ! Maybe someone , can give me an example , how can C control hardware so good ( as I hear ) , and maybe some cool information , where to learn the idea ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: !_30
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hardware

Hi, I'm looking to run Sun Solaris 8 or 9, but have been running windows :mad: .can anyone give me advice about the hardware needed for solaris and possably any software i may need, the type of model and where i may be able to buy these within the uk. :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franz
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to diagnosis the problem on Solaris 10 for DB startup

I run Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 Sparc machine. I created a dbora file to automatically start Oracle database when UNIX system reboot. I created this dbora file under /etc/init.d, Then link it to /etc/rc0.d/K10dbora and /etc/rc2.d/S99dbora. When I reboot solaris 10 system to test this script. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

7. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance diagnosis & tuning

Hi, I am facing a strange issue. Application is deployed in a cluster with 2 Unix nodes (with same configuration). On one node the application is working fine but on another node we see this behavior I found using vmstat- when the server is not yet started everything is OK; when you start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash.abrol
3 Replies

9. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies
POW(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    POW(3)

NAME
pow -- power function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double pow(double x, double y); DESCRIPTION
The pow() functions compute x raised to the power y. SPECIAL VALUES
pow(+-0, y) returns +-infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y an odd integer < 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+-0, y) returns +-0 for y an odd integer > 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +0 for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-1, +-infinity) returns 1. pow(1, y) returns 1 for any y, even a NaN. pow(x, +-0) returns 1 for any x, even a NaN. pow(x, y) returns a NaN and raises the "invalid" floating-point exception for finite x < 0 and finite non-integer y. pow(x, -infinity) returns +infinity for |x| < 1. pow(x, -infinity) returns +0 for |x| > 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +0 for |x| < 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +infinity for |x| > 1. pow(-infinity, y) returns -0 for y an odd integer < 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-infinity, y) returns -infinity for y an odd integer > 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0. pow(+infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0. A domain error occurs if x is finite and negative and y is finite and not an integer. A domain error can occur if x is 0 and y less than or equal to 0. Range errors may occur. SEE ALSO
math(3), infnan(3) STANDARDS
The pow() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1999(E). 4th Berkeley Distribution July 12, 2003 4th Berkeley Distribution