Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conduct a search or test -f over a path with spaces Post 302738291 by godfreydanials on Friday 30th of November 2012 06:59:14 PM
Old 11-30-2012
Thank you very much. This works perfectly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test whether absolute path in variable

I'm using the following line in bash to test whether an argument supplied is an absolute path or not: if echo $1 | grep '^/' > /dev/null then absolute=1 else absoute=0 fi The line appears to work but seems somewhat unprofessional looking to me. Is it an acceptable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkieran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with spaces in directory path

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement. cat /usdd/Sample/"NDDF Plus DB"/"NDDF Descriptive and Pricing"/"NDDF BASICS 3.0"/"Pricing"/1.txt | sed 's/*|*/|/g' | sed 's/^*//'| sed 's/^*//; s/*$//' > temp.txt In unix prompt the above command is reading the file 1.txt and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test File for Existence with Whitespaces in Path

Hi Everyone! I'm quite new to shell scripting so this might be trivial, though 3 days of struggle and search didn't help to solve the problem: I want to look for files called '*HUN*' in a huge amount of directories most of their names contain whitespaces and print the path of the directory if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi76
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add spaces to test.dat file in unix??

Hi I have a test.dat file in UNIX which has a data.I am informatica developer i get data in those files.I need to add 50 spaces to those data in test.dat file.I am new to unix So can any one help how can i do that. I have some 2088 rows in that test.dat file. Can anyone help me please its... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating through PATH entries with spaces

I have a Bash script on Cygwin that tries to iterate through the directory entries in PATH. I need to convert the PATH value to a form that I can iterate through with "for var in $list; do". For instance, an excerpt from my PATH value is this: :/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/:/c/Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with spaces in the path

Hi all, I have a variable test has the following value assigned.. could you please help on doing cd or ls to the value in the varible ... $echo $test /bdm/sdd/compounds/AD4833XT/requests/clin/Watson_20090420/docs/MHRA\ Comments\ \&\ Responses $cd $test ksh: cd: bad argument count $cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
3 Replies

7. AIX

Search a string having spaces

Hi I am looking to search a string having spaces in a directory for example : my string is "summer hot" my code :for i in `cat position__list.txt` do echo $i" : " `find . -mtime -6 | xargs grep -l ":83D:$i" | xargs ls -ltr|tail -1|awk '{ print $6 , $7 , $8, $9;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wedng.bell
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script not parsing file with spaces in path

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write my first ever shell script, the OS is Raspbian. The code I have written must be executed whenever a certain database has been modified. The database resides on a Windows server to which I have a mount point, and I have no control over the Windows server at all so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proper way to use a path with spaces in the directory name

I am using the below bash loop: or f in /media/cmccabe/My Book Western Digital/10_29and30_2015/*.bam ; do bname=`basename $f` pref=${bname%%.bam} samtools view -H $f | sed '/^@PG/d' | samtools reheader - $f > /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/${pref}_newheader.bam done is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for an undetermined number of spaces

I would like to find an undetermined number of spaces and shorten them to one space. I am running Debian in mksh. Script running in #!/bin/sh. Sorry to not include all code. The program is too big and involves an online file... too much hassle to solve a simple issue. Ex., I start with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
11 Replies
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS - maximum connection cache size SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS, long amount); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. The set amount will be the maximum number of simultaneously open persistent connections that libcurl may cache in the pool associated with this handle. The default is 5, and there isn't much point in changing this value unless you are perfectly aware of how this works and changes libcurl's behaviour. This concerns connections using any of the protocols that support persistent connections. When reaching the maximum limit, curl closes the oldest one in the cache to prevent increasing the number of open connections. If you already have performed transfers with this curl handle, setting a smaller CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) than before may cause open connec- tions to get closed unnecessarily. If you add this easy handle to a multi handle, this setting is not acknowledged, and you must instead use curl_multi_setopt(3) and the CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) option. DEFAULT
5 PROTOCOLS
Most EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3), CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 18, 2016 CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)