Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert a list of word/terms into their Regexp representation Post 302738033 by elixir_sinari on Friday 30th of November 2012 09:09:33 AM
Old 11-30-2012
What's the purpose of the conversion?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert character in word to CAPS??

Hi Gurus!! Is it possible to change a letter in a word to CAPS?? When correcting a paragraph i need to covert the word if it appears at the start of a line to caps....... if i had a phrase like my name is james and would like to sign up. how do i convert "my" to "My" or the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print the line immediately after a regexp; but regexp is a sentence

Good Day, Im new to scripting especially awk and sed. I just would like to ask help from you guys about a sed command that prints the line immediately after a regexp, but not the line containing the regexp. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' filename What if my regexp is 3 word or a sentence. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ownins
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

convert pdf's to word

Does anyone know any good tools to convert a pdf to word, I can usually cut & paste without a hitch but I have a pdf that doesn't like that and surrounds text with lines as though a table or prints tables in miniscule text. It's only one pdf file so I'm reluctant to buy a product. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining Word Frequency of Specific Terms

Hello, I require a perl script that will read a .txt file that contains words like 224.199.207.IN-ADDR.ARPA. IN NS NS1.internet.com. 4.200.162.207.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR beeriftw.internet.com. arroyoeinternet.com. IN A 200.199.227.49 I want to focus on words: IN... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert first character of each word to upper case

Hi, Is there any function(Bash) out there that can convert the first character of each word to upper case?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harchew
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a large file with a list of terms in another file

Hi- I am trying to search a large file with a number of different search terms that are listed one per line in 3 different files. Most importantly I need to be able to do a case insensitive search. I have tried just using egrep -f but it doesn't seam to be able to handle the -i option when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougzilla
3 Replies

7. Programming

c++ function to convert a linear list to circular list

hi all, i need a c++ function which converts a linear list to circular. presently i am working with two files. i.e., one linear list file. and one circular list file to do some operations. i thought it will be helpful if there is a function that converts a linear list to circular n undo the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regexp: match string that contains list of chars

Hi, I'm curious about how to do a very simple thing with regular expressions that I'm unable to figure out. If I want to find out if a string contains 'a' AND 'b' AND 'c' it can be very easily done with grep: echo $STRING|grep a|grep b|grep c but, how would you do that in a single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcanoa
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a matrix to sparse representation

Hi All, I have a matrix stored in a file matrix.mtx and looks like this: 1 0.5 0.33 0.25 0 0.33 0.25 0.2 0 0 0 0.16 0 0 0 0.14 I want to convert this matrix to its sparse representation like the one give below (sparse_matrix.mtx). This means that above matrix has been converted to its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -B used with -f? (Searching a file using a list of terms, output is lines before each match)

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies
Regexp::Common::profanity(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Regexp::Common::profanity(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::profanity -- provide regexes for profanity SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /profanity/; while (<>) { /$RE{profanity}/ and print "Contains profanity "; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{profanity} Returns a pattern matching words -- such as Carlin's "big seven" -- that are most likely to give offense. Note that correct anatomical terms are deliberately not included in the list. Under "-keep" (see Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire word $RE{profanity}{contextual} Returns a pattern matching words that are likely to give offense when used in specific contexts, but which also have genuinely non- offensive meanings. Under "-keep" (see Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire word SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::profanity(3)