Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation Fault
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Segmentation Fault Post 302737939 by Praveen_218 on Friday 30th of November 2012 05:12:12 AM
Old 11-30-2012
Your code Problems ...

Need to handle errors for values of the two variables 'player' and 'pc' for out of range values.

For eg. What if player == 0 and also pc == 0 .

Please dry run the below few lines from your own code and see what you get:

Code:
void findWinner(int player,int pc)
{
	const char *items[3]={"Paper","Scissors","Rock"};
	printf("Client: %s\n",items[player-1]);
	printf ("Computer: %s\n",items[pc-1]);

You are bound to get segmentation faults, isn't it? Smilie

Happy programming!!!!!!
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Praveen_218 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

4. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

5. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

7. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
NASH(1) 							   lrslib 0.42b 							   NASH(1)

NAME
nash - find nash equilibria of two person noncooperative games SYNOPSIS
setupnash input game1.ine game2.ine setupnash2 input game1.ine game2.ine nash game1.ine game2.ine 2nash game1.ine game2.ine DESCRIPTION
All Nash equilibria (NE) for a two person noncooperative game are computed using two interleaved reverse search vertex enumeration steps. The input for the problem are two m by n matrices A,B of integers or rationals. The first player is the row player, the second is the column player. If row i and column j are played, player 1 receives Ai,j and player 2 receives Bi,j. If you have two or more cpus available run 2nash instead of nash as the order of the input games is immaterial. It runs in parallel with the games in each order. (If you use nash, the program usually runs faster if m is <= n , see below.) The easiest way to use the program nash or 2nash is to first run setupnash or ( setupnash2 see below ) on a file containing: m n matrix A matrix B eg. the file game is for a game with m=3 n=2: 3 2 0 6 2 5 3 3 1 0 0 2 4 3 % setupnash game game1 game2 produces two H-representations, game1 and game2, one for each player. To get the equilibria, run % nash game1 game2 or % 2nash game1 game2 Each row beginning 1 is a strategy for the row player yielding a NE with each row beginning 2 listed immediately above it.The payoff for player 2 is the last number on the line beginning 1, and vice versa. Eg: first two lines of output: player 1 uses row probabilities 2/3 2/3 0 resulting in a payoff of 2/3 to player 2.Player 2 uses column probabilities 1/3 2/3 yielding a payoff of 4 to player 1. If both matrices are nonnegative and have no zero columns, you may instead use setupnash2: % setupnash2 game game1 game2 Now the polyhedra produced are polytopes. The output of nash in this case is a list of unscaled probability vectors x and y. To normalize, divide each vector by v = 1^T x and u=1^T y.u and v are the payoffs to players 1 and 2 respectively. In this case, lower bounds on the payoff functions to either or both players may be included. To give a lower bound of r on the payoff for player 1 add the options to file game2 (yes that is correct!)To give a lower bound of r on the payoff for player 2 add the options to file game1 minimize 0 1 1 ... 1 (n entries to begiven) bound 1/r; ( note: reciprocal of r) If you do not wish to use the 2-cpu program 2nash, please read the following. If m is greater than n then nash usually runs faster by transposing the players. This is achieved by running: % nash game2 game1 If you wish to construct the game1 and game2 files by hand, see the lrslib user manual[1] SEE ALSO
For information on H-representation file formats, see the man page for lrslib or the lrslib user manual[2] NOTES
1. lrslib user manual http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/%7Eavis/C/lrslib/USERGUIDE.html#Nash%20Equilibria 2. lrslib user manual http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/%7Eavis/C/lrslib/USERGUIDE.html#File%20Formats July 2009 03/30/2011 NASH(1)