Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ping + timestamp + selected response Post 302737671 by Yoda on Thursday 29th of November 2012 11:32:25 AM
Old 11-29-2012
How about awk:-
Code:
ping -c 5 HOSTNAME | awk -F= 'NR>1 && /bytes/ { gsub("ms","",$NF); if($NF>0.5) print $0 } '

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing ping response

Hi! I'm trying to create a script for seeing if a host is alive, and depending on the ammount of packet loss, send an mail+sms to warn if the host seems to be dead. The script i'm trying to use is: pinger () { ping_stat=`ping -c 4 host.name | grep loss | awk '{print $7}'` echo "Packet... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

3. AIX

Ping response

:confused:Hi, In linux if ping to a system from a linux server it shows ping time=0.120ms how we can achive this in aix. i need this for a latency check. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Ping with timestamp

Hi, Is there any way to use a ping utility in Solaris with timestamp is printed? I've found a few tools on windows where we can ping with timestamp, but I'm not sure with Solaris. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AamnZyf3C_A/TUI_xKIJAYI/AAAAAAAAAbY/Izwlouf7vaQ/s1600/fping.png ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Response from the host name

Hi All, I have the requirement where am pinging the server and matching the IP address with the existing IP address. Below code is returning me the IP address and my requirement is i have to see that also whether it is pinging or not PING useipapd01 (172.22.32.87) 56(84) bytes of data. 64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharsour
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)