Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove duplicates lines in a files Post 302737523 by zaxxon on Thursday 29th of November 2012 06:45:39 AM
Old 11-29-2012
What's not working with the uniq or the awk command? They work fine for me.

Show error message or the output you get.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove duplicates lines in a file

Hi, I am writing a shell script that needs to remove duplicate lines within a file by category. example: section a a c b a section b a b a c I need to remove the duplicates within th category with out removing the duplicates from the 2 different sections (one of the a's in section... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichElks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines in a file that have duplicates or derive the lines that aper once

Input: a b b c d d I need: a c I know how to get this (the lines that have duplicates) : b d sort file | uniq -d But i need opossite of this. I have searched the forum and other places as well, but have found solution for everything except this variant of the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necroman08
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files and then remove some lines

Hi everyone I have a dilemma and I'm hoping someone has an answer for me. I have two files: # cat masterfile line3 line4 line5 line6 line7 # cat tempfile line1 line2 line3 line4 I want to compare tempfile with masterfile. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the files that have less than certain lines

Hi all, I'm a newbie and I'm sorry if my question is too simple. I'm having problem to delete the files that have less than certain lines, say 16. #!/bin/tcsh set filen = `sh -c 'ls *csv 2> /dev/null'` foreach fil (${filen}) if ]; then rm -f ${filen} fi end exit ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare one files with strings from another + remove lines

Have two files and want to compare the content of file1 with file2. When matched remove the line. awk 'NR==FNR {b; next} !(b in $0)' file1 file2file1 1. if match 2. removefile2 1. this line has to be removed if match 2. this line has a match, remove 3. this line has no match, no removingThe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the last 3 lines from many files?

Hello, I need to run a command or shell script that will remove the last 3 lines from every .js file that is under the directory /var/ww/vhost/ Can you please help ? thank you. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates from two files using n characters for comparison

Hi All, I have two files file1 123456CRTGHG 125437CRNDGF 126537CRDDGF file2 123456CRTZHC 124567CJHGHG 125987CJHGDF I need to compare the two files and any records in file 1 and 2 based on initial n characters (6 in example) need to be ignored. string separated by unprintable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from output in files using awk

I have two large files (~250GB) that I am trying to remove the where GT: 0/0 or 1/1 or 2/2 for both files. I was going to use a bash with the below awk, which I think will find each line but how do I remove that line is that condition is found? Thank you :). Input 20 60055 . A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)