Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to run command after ssh Post 302737211 by Yoda on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 01:23:52 PM
Old 11-28-2012
If you want to run some commands on a remote machine using ssh, then you have to use below syntax:-
Code:
ssh $user@$host "command1; command2; ..."

E.g.
Code:
ssh $Eid@$HOST "uname; ls"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get ssh to run a command in one line?

How would I combine something like: localserver# ssh remoteserver remoteserver# find blah blah blah into a one liner that would ssh to the remote server and run the find command, so I could put it in a script to automatically go out and run things on remote servers with out needed user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command in different machine using SSH

how to run a command in different machie in my case script will runs in solaries machine.. in one instance it has to run a command in different machine with different operating system ( linux ) using SSH command i tried ssh -l (login_name) (machine name/host ) " command " but it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to run xclock

Hello. I am trying to run xclock on newly built solaris box - These are the steps I followed: # DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 # export DISPLAY # xclock xclock: not found # cd /usr/openwin/bin # ./xclock Error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0 # Please suggest, what am i doing wrong? Thank... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
27 Replies

4. Solaris

Run command on sc via ssh

when i run a command on ALOM via ssh i get following error ssh root@10.23.12.51 showhosts Password: Waiting for daemons to initialize... Daemons ready shell: Invalid credentials how can i run commands without actually loging to the sc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to run some commands in HP-UX

Hi All, I want to get %cpu and %memory utilization for a given process id in HP-UX so am using the following commands 1)TOP -p <PID> am getting error message like Quitting top: pset 26323 doesn't exist,but when am using only TOP command without any options its working fine. 2)ps -e -o pcpu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramya_Nm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run command with ssh[solved]

Hi all, Is it possible to make this possible ? $ echo $SKY_HOME /var/sink/SKY $ echo $SKY_HOME /home/smily/SKY $ ssh root@xyz "echo $SKY_HOME" root@xyz 's password: ****** /home/smily/SKY wrong output I was expecting the output as /var/sink/SKY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run awk command

hello Don Cragun sir, i am not able to run this command awk 'NR==FNR{if($0~/^>/){i=substr($0,2);getline};a=a $0;next}{print ">" $1 ORS substr(a, $2, $3-$2+1)}' file1 FS=\\t file2 i searched do text you on twitter, facebook but i get no reply from over there so i post here. ---------- Post... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run awk command inside ssh

I am trying to run an awk command inside of ssh and it is not working. These are AIX servers. for i in `cat servers`; do ssh $i "/bin/hostname; df -g | awk '/dev/ && $4+0 > 70'"; done server1 server2 server3 server4 I also tried these two methods and they did not work. It just seemed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project