Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep search for value between dates Post 302737191 by mmsiddig on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 12:51:38 PM
Old 11-28-2012
Grep search for value between dates

Hi
I am new to scripting and I have a requirement to grep a value from large numbers of xml files and see if this value exist then I want to check the date and see if it falls between two dates (eg: today and feb 17), then print the name of file. the values in xml file is as follow
Name="TNT_License_End" Value="2012-12-29"
first check for TNT_Licencse_End then for the date if it actually between today and Feb 17.
Thank you in anticipation for you help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a log file between 2 dates

Hi Currently I can grep a log file with the following command: $results = `grep -A 2 '^$date.$time.*' $log`; and the following arguments: $date = 2007/04/25 $time = 16:07 Log example: 2007/04/25 16:07:12.145701 2007/05/25 14:07:12.145701 2007/05/25 17:07:12.145701 2007/06/25... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Epiphone
37 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a log file to filter previous dates

Hi, I have problem of filtering a log file from my perl script. #cat /data/pinpe.csv_20070731 | nawk -v FS=, '{print $1','$18','$22','$26}' | grep -w 100 | grep -w 1 | nawk '{print $4}' Below is the output: 2009-06-16 2009-01-29 2009-06-02 2008-03-05 2007-08-05 2007-09-24... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I search between dates?

I have a folder that has files that go way back to 2005. How can I search for files between say Jan 2006 - Dec 2007 only? I did a man on the Find command but nothing in there. Any help would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search specific folders dates /mm/dd/ structure

Hi, I have a script that handles a huge amount of log files from many machines and copies it into a SAN location with the following directory structure: /SAN/machinenames/yyyy/m/d so for example /SAN/hosta/2011/3/12/files* Now I am writing a bash script to search for files between to date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

7. Programming

MYSQL query search between dates

Just a little help if possible I have a table with date data, I want to select dates that fall between today and 1 month ago, here's my query SELECT id, stdate, DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 1 month) as monthago, CURDATE() as today FROM data_table where (stdate between 'today' and 'monthago')... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Grep file containing dates

How to grep a file containing dates to only last 30 days then move to another folder (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)