Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hot swapping disks on V240 - blue light not lit after cfgadm -c unconfigure Post 302736857 by psychocandy on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 04:49:35 AM
Old 11-28-2012
Hot swapping disks on V240 - blue light not lit after cfgadm -c unconfigure

Hot swapping a drive on V240.

So, I do cfgadm -c unconfigure <disk>. Then cfgadm -al reports disk as unconfigured as expected.

format then tells me there is no disk.

BUT, blue light does not come on. Done the exact same command on my V440 and blue light does come on.

V240 Server Admin guide confirms that there is, in fact, a blue light same as V440.

I guess it could be a faulty light? The fact that cfgadm and format seem to report the disk status correctly though. Any issues? Anything else I can check?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

V240 EPROM reset

Hello all, Does anyone know how to reset the ALOM password for Sun fire V240 or the OBP password? I was given a V240 without any password or hard drive. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
3 Replies

2. Solaris

unconfigure using cfgadm

Hi, One of 2 local disks on V480 running solaris 10 and SVM failed. Now after running metadettach for submirrors on that disk, I want to unconfigure the FAULTY disk using cfgadm -c uncofigure command..and then put new one and configure that. but surprisingly I don't see local dsk in cfgadm... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
17 Replies

3. Solaris

cfgadm - is this an error?

# cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c0 scsi-bus connected configured unknown c0::dsk/c0t0d0 CD-ROM connected configured unknown c1 scsi-bus ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
8 Replies

4. Linux

mdadm - Swapping 500GB disks for 1TB

Hi, I have a three disk raid 5, with 500GB disks. This is close to being full, and whilst I can just add another disk and rebuild to add another 500GB, I would prefer to replace with 1TB disks. So i have some questions. Can I replace these disks one by one with bigger disks? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoop2048
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Alom Sun V240

hallo anybody know how to set alom mail alerty server with yahoomail ? thank u?where i can find mail server address for yahoomail?thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Issue with cfgadm

I have an issue with on T3-Lun where Veritas dont like it anymore and OS-system have issues with it too. So I thought to unconfigure it but even that does not work cfgadm -al | grep c17 c17::50020f230000eae0 disk connected unconfigured unkown then I tried a cfgadm -c unconfigure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Remove old subpaths from vxvm/format/cfgadm

Hi, I`m having a server, that was initially having 2 HBA`s, and dmpnodes were creates with 2 subpaths: # vxdisk -o alldgs list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Can v240 disks be moved to v440 and have a chance of working?

We have a v240 running Solaris 10, and an application that I don't want to go through the pain of reinstalling on a new system right now. Can I just move those disks to a v440 for an easy upgrade? At first I thought the idea was laughable, but then I started thinking that they are both Ultra... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
9 Replies

9. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies
vga_setegacolor(3)						Svgalib User Manual						vga_setegacolor(3)

NAME
vga_setegacolor - set the current color SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setegacolor(int color); DESCRIPTION
Set the current color to be a color resembling the color-th EGA coler. This works regardless of the depth of the current video mode. The color is used by vga_drawpixel(3) and vga_drawline(3). Valid values for color are: 0 - black. 1 - blue. 2 - green. 3 - cyan. 4 - red. 5 - magenta. 6 - brown. 7 - grey. 8 - dark grey (light black). 9 - light blue. 10 - light green. 11 - light cyan. 12 - light red. 13 - light magenta. 14 - yellow (light brown). 15 - white (light grey). The fun(6) and vgatest(6) demos show the basic use of this function. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), fun(6), vgatest(6), vga_setcolor(3), vga_setrgbcolor(3), vga_drawpixel(3), vga_drawline(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setegacolor(3)