Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting Post 302736799 by pamu on Wednesday 28th of November 2012 01:54:42 AM
Old 11-28-2012
Using Scrutinizer's solution from previous post.

Code:
$ cat file
id,name,id_2, success/failure
44,RAJ, 33, SUCCESS
40,JEY, 44,FAILURE
44,RAJ, 33, FAILURE
40,JEY, 44,FAILURE
40,JEY, 44,FAILURE
44,RAJ, 33,FAILURE

$ awk -F, 'NR==1{print}
NR>1{gsub(" ","",$0);A[$1","$2","$3]; B[$4] ; C[$1","$2","$3,$4]++}END{for(i in A){p=i; for(j in B){k+=C[i,j];p=p FS j "=" C[i,j]+0;} print p ",Total=" k;k=0}}' file

id,name,id_2, success/failure
40,JEY,44,FAILURE=3,SUCCESS=0,Total=3
44,RAJ,33,FAILURE=2,SUCCESS=1,Total=3

This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
IDIFF(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     IDIFF(1)

NAME
idiff - compare two images SYNOPSIS
idiff [options] image1 image2 DESCRIPTION
The idiff utility is invoked as follows: idiff [options] image1 image2 Where input1 and input2 are the names of two image files that should be compared. They may be of any format recognized by OpenImageIO (i.e., for which image-reading plugins are available). If the two input images are not the same resolutions, or do not have the same number of channels, the comparison will return FAILURE imme- diately and will not attempt to compare the pixels of the two images. If they are the same dimensions, the pixels of the two images will be compared, and a report will be printed including the mean and maximum error, how many pixels were above the warning and failure thresholds, and whether the result is PASS, WARNING, or FAILURE. For example: $ idiff a.jpg b.jpg Comparing "a.jpg" and "b.jpg" Mean error = 0.00450079 RMS error = 0.00764215 Peak SNR = 42.3357 Max error = 0.254902 @ (700, 222, B) 574062 pixels (82.1%) over 1e-06 574062 pixels (82.1%) over 1e-06 FAILURE The "mean error" is the average difference (per channel, per pixel). The "max error" is the largest difference in any pixel channel, and will point out on which pixel and channel it was found. It will also give a count of how many pixels were above the warning and failure thresholds. The metadata of the two images (e.g., the comments) are not currently compared; only differences in pixel values are taken into considera- tion. For a complete description, see /usr/share/doc/libopenimageio-dev/openimageio.pdf.gz. OPTIONS
--help Print help message -v Verbose status messages -a Compare all subimages/miplevels Thresholding and comparison options -fail %g Failure threshold difference (0.000001) -failpercent %g Allow this percentage of failures (0) -hardfail %g Fail if any one pixel exceeds this error (infinity) -warn %g Warning threshold difference (0.00001) -warnpercent %g Allow this percentage of warnings (0) -hardwarn %g Warn if any one pixel exceeds this error (infinity) -p Perform perceptual (rather than numeric) comparison Difference image options -o %s Output difference image -od Output image only if nonzero difference -abs Output image of absolute value, not signed difference -scale %g Scale the output image by this factor SEE ALSO
iconvert(1), igrep(1), iinfo(1), iprocess(1), iv(1), maketx(1), oiiotool(1). AUTHOR
OpenImageIO was written by Larry Gritz and the other authors and contributors. This manual page was written by IRIE Shinsuke <irieshinsuke@yahoo.co.jp>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 19, 2012 IDIFF(1)