Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN Migration of HP-UX hosts
Operating Systems HP-UX SAN Migration of HP-UX hosts Post 302736717 by Joseph_TKLee on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 08:59:44 PM
Old 11-27-2012
I have had a quick look and found a few issue.
You can't deactivate vg00 as this is a root VG neither import to vg00 on another server.
mknod /dev/vg00/group c 64 0x010000 => 0x000000 is right but you can use it. Not recommanded.
I have done many SAN or disks migration.
Any questions are okay for me.

Cheers,
This User Gave Thanks to Joseph_TKLee For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

SAN migration

Hi, I'm going to be involved in a migration of SAN islands to one big SAN. I've not worked with SANs before and I'm not sure how to approach this. I suspect the disk devices on the HP servers are going to change, when the EVA's and servers are plugged into this new Cisco 9509 switch. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hils
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For San Migration

I am going to do a SAN Array migration and need the sequence of steps required on the Solaris cluster before moving the old array luns to new array luns. Here are the steps and I need info on the bold points:( I might even be wrong on the sequence of steps please correct me if I am wrong) 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshinedeepu
0 Replies

5. AIX

SAN Migration

Hi all, We are migrating our SAN storage from HSV360 to 3PAR. The system runs aix 6.1 version with HACMP. Please let me know what are requirements from OS side and how are the data copied to the new disks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
10 Replies

6. HP-UX

SAN Migration question

Hi, I am very new to HP-UX, and we're going to be doing a SAN migration. We're going to take down the machine, and zone it to the new SAN. My question is, will the device names change and will that interfere with the LVM? If the new disks come in with different device names, how would I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Volume group not activated at boot after SAN migration

I have an IBM blade running RHEL 5.4 server, connected to two Hitachi SANs using common fibre cards & Brocade switches. It has two volume groups made from old SAN LUNs. The old SAN needs to be retired so we allocated LUNs from the new SAN, discovered the LUNs as multipath disks (4 paths) and grew... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to identify if disk is attached to SAN and assist in migration.?

I am working on VM host and collecting data to identify the type of storage attached to the server which will be migrated to VNX. it has one ldom created on it luxadm probe output --- No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es Found Fibre Channel device(s): Node... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVREMOVE(8)