Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sysidcfg file question
Operating Systems Solaris Sysidcfg file question Post 302736695 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 05:29:24 PM
Old 11-27-2012
I recomment using JET... It's an easy framework for using jumpstart. get it here:
Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit Overview

and read about it here:
Less Known Solaris features: Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit - Part 1: Introduction - c0t0d0s0.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question about difference between executable file and ordinary file

Hi, I am newbie in unix and just started learning it. I want to know what is the difference between an executable file and a file (say text file). How to create executable file? What is the extension for that? How to differentiate ? How does it get executed? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balaji
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sysidcfg

Where is this executable sysidcfg file located in Solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file question

without using a file stream editor such as sed, is there a way to echo the value of a variable to a specific location in a file (i.e. if the file has 20 lines, can I add a new line with the contents of the variable FOO at line 1?) ? I should add that the file will be created during run time. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mk file question

In a makefile when you specify something like.... xxx-xx: -$(yyy) $(zzz) What does the"-" (hyphen) before the "$" mean? (assuming xxx-xx is the target name) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixmat1
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding lm file

How to know where a ln file point to.ln files is soft link which point to some file. I want to get the absolute path of that file which my lm files pointing to. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch file question

EDIT: Is this wrong thread? Hi I am on an Apple Mac and I am trying to run this batch file on my Mac and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a script that will make this run and work on my Mac. I was hoping that you could tell me the script in the shell format? So here's the batch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy5555100
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart goes to interactive mode instead of using sysidcfg

Ever since I have started using Solaris 10 images, I have had a problem I can not find a solution for. I have a Solaris 10 image that I created from a Solaris 10 DVD. The sysidcfg file has been created and set up in the bootparams file. I have no issues in Solaris 8 or 9. In Solaris 10, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsherry
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiple sysidcfg files on jumpstart server

Hello, I 've a jumpstart configured, its working fine .. i can build servers from this jumpstart server but i want to build 2-3 servers from the same jumpstart server simultaneously, and since i have only one sysidcfg i can only build 1 server at a time. My question is which file i shuld use for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about File Processing

I have a file with the format CKF,23G ckf,234M CKF,2356K DFK,4589M DFK,343K dfk,3434M DFK,34G DFK,34343M, DFK,3476G FGK,34k KLK,43G KLK,3G I would like to group by the 3-letter code in the beginning of the file and sum up the second column in giga bytes and output a file like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)