Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to add printer in Solaris Post 302736355 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 06:03:33 AM
Old 11-27-2012
What does
Code:
/etc/printers.conf

have for the printer? Please show the whole entry.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris lp printer filters

I don't have much experience with solaris printers. I've created a printer using lpadmin. When I tried to print something, I got a message that there a no filters on the server. I went to docs.sun.com and got a script to add a filter (below) for filter in *.fd;do >name=`basename $filter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Trying to add Zebra label printer in Solaris 9

I talked to Zebra, but they told me that they only support adding printer to Windows environment. They did sent me a link to a document which describes how to set up a print queue on a Sun Solaris system for Zebra Print Server. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agarcia19
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with HP 9040 printer in solaris

I have configured HP 9040 printer on my solaris server using lpadmin command and printer is working fine but customer is saying that printouts are coming on top of the printer not to side stacks. I would like to know how to send printouts to side stacks insted of top of the printer. Is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indlove
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to add new group in Solaris

I have installed Solaris 10 in VMware. Whenever I am trying to add new group using the command '/usr/sbin/groupadd/oinstall' while logged in as root , it is showing as '/usr/sbin/groupadd/oinstall can not execute'. It will be great to hear any inputs/advice here. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer setting in Solaris

I have Solaris-10 server and want to change default printer setting to Simplex (Instead of duplex, which is set currently). I am not able to see anything in conf file related to this setting. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
printers.conf(5)						    Apple Inc.							  printers.conf(5)

NAME
printers.conf - printer configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The printers.conf file defines the local printers that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is generated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printers are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Printer name> ... </Printer> Defines a specific printer. <DefaultPrinter name> ... </Printer> Defines a default printer. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. DeviceURI uri Specifies the device URI for a printer. ErrorPolicy abort-job ErrorPolicy retry-current-job ErrorPolicy retry-job ErrorPolicy stop-printer Specifies the error policy for the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. PortMonitor monitor Specifies the port monitor for a printer. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS printers.conf(5)