Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String comparsion compare *
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String comparsion compare * Post 302736169 by cstsang on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:47:30 AM
Old 11-27-2012
My requirement is only accept user input 0 ~ 23 and * ( not wildcard, asterisk only ).
Would you tell me how to change the code for archiving my goal?

Last edited by cstsang; 11-27-2012 at 01:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string compare

Hi, I am trying to get an ouput of certain fields from a file: awk '{ print $NF }' portfile 8087 8047 localhost:1117 Now i need to take this output and see if it exists in netstat -a command. How do i check that. Thanks, Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with comparing the records in twofiles, I have two files (csv) FILE1: 1023,SMITH JAMES , (203) 789-1249 1023,HARRY POTTER , (213) 789-1249 1023,JONES D, (903) 789-1249 FILE1: 1023,SMITH ,2037891249 1023,HARRY , 2137891249 1023,JONES, 7037891249 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map comparsion

Hi all I have to compare maps/files on two seperate boxes and the output must be as following: 1)list the maps/file on box1 2)list the maps/file on box2 3)List maps in both the environments a) which are same b)which are different pls any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare String

Hi everybody. I have this comand "/usr/local/check_procs myprocess" which prints "OK: myprocess running" on my console if the process is running and "myprocess not running" if it is not. I am writing a bash script to check if the process is running but am getting an error. Here is my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanexxx
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a string with IP

Hi, I have a variable with value tmp2=123.45.175.243, I am taking this value from a network file. In the script I need to check whether the variable has only numerals and .(dot). if ..." ] then printf "SUCCESS\n" else printf "FAILED\n" fi doesnt work, is there a alternate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyrain
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare

Hi, I have file like below, Srinivas Jala Srinivas Jala AA Srikanth ML Srikanth ML KK Vijay Kumar Dha Vijay Kumar Dha JJ i want to compare like "Srinivas Jala" word in same line, if i found i shoud get some like found, or not found. Pls help to get the code. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas.Jala
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Timestamp and date comparsion

Hi, I have many files in the source directory but I need to process with the latest timestamp file. I am using linux operating system. i want extract the file created timestamp( Ext_File_create_date=) With this format YYYYMMDD- i have searched the relevent command in the unix forms but did... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me in the Execution of Date comparsion

Hi , Please look into the query 1)Date format: mm/dd/yyyy  example (10/22/2013) 2) compare this date  with the System date  3) if the difference of dates less than 30 days. Then return true otherwise false. 4)commands date-d is not there in my unix version. 5)present version 6 6)using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaghavendraT
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File comparsion tool

Hi All, Please suggest some file comparison tool in Linux. The tool have the provision for command line option for file comparison and the output will be stored in to html file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
kadm5.acl(4)							   File Formats 						      kadm5.acl(4)

NAME
kadm5.acl - Kerberos access control list (ACL) file SYNOPSIS
/etc/krb5/kadm5.acl DESCRIPTION
The ACL file is used by the kadmind(1M) command to determine which principals are allowed to perform Kerberos administration actions. For operations that affect principals, the ACL file also controls which principals can operate on which other principals. The location of the ACL file is determined by the acl_file configuration variable in the kdc.conf(4) file. The default location is /etc/krb5/kadm5.acl. For incremental propagation, see kadmind(1M). The ACL file must contain the kiprop service principal with propagation privileges in order for the slave KDC to pull updates from the master's principal database. Refer to the EXAMPLES section for this case. The ACL file can contain comment lines, null lines, or lines that contain ACL entries. Comment lines start with the pound sign (#) and con- tinue until the end of the line. The order of entries is significant. The first matching entry specifies the principal on which the control access applies, whether it is on just the principal or on the principal when it operates on a target principal. Lines containing ACL entries must have the following format: principal operation-mask [operation-target] principal Specifies the principal on which the operation-mask applies. Can specify either a partially or fully qualified Kerberos principal name. Each component of the name can be substituted with a wildcard, using the asterisk ( * ) character. operation-mask Specifies what operations can or cannot be performed by a principal matching a particular entry. Specify operation-mask as one or more privileges. A privilege is a string of one or more of the following characters: a, A, c, C, d, D, i, I, l, L, m, M, p, P, u, U, x, or *. Generally, if the character is lowercase, the privilege is allowed and if the character is uppercase, the operation is disallowed. The x and * characters are exceptions to the uppercase convention. The following privileges are supported: a Allows the addition of principals or policies in the database. A Disallows the addition of principals or policies in the database. c Allows the changing of passwords for principals in the database. C Disallows the changing of passwords for principals in the database. d Allows the deletion of principals or policies in the database. D Disallows the deletion of principals or policies in the database. i Allows inquiries to the database. I Disallows inquiries to the database. l Allows the listing of principals or policies in the database. L Disallows the listing of principals or policies in the database. m Allows the modification of principals or policies in the database. M Disallows the modification of principals or policies in the database. p Allow the propagation of the principal database. P Disallow the propagation of the principal database. u Allows the creation of one-component user principals whose password can be validated with PAM. U Negates the u privilege. x Short for specifying privileges a, d,m,c,i, and l. The same as *. * Short for specifying privileges a, d,m,c,i, and l. The same as x. operation-target Optional. When specified, the privileges apply to the principal when it operates on the operation-target. For the operation-target, you can specify a partially or fully qualified Kerberos principal name. Each component of the name can be substituted by a wildcard, using the asterisk ( * ) character. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Specifying a Standard, Fully Qualified Name The following ACL entry specifies a standard, fully qualified name: user/instance@realm adm The operation-mask applies only to the user/instance@realm principal and specifies that the principal can add, delete, or modify principals and policies, but it cannot change passwords. Example 2: Specifying a Standard Fully Qualified Name and Target The following ACL entry specifies a standard, fully qualified name: user/instance@realm cim service/instance@realm The operation-mask applies only to the user/instance@realm principal operating on the service/instance@realm target, and specifies that the principal can change the target's password, request information about the target, and modify it. Example 3: Specifying a Name Using a Wildcard The following ACL entry specifies a name using a wildcard: user/*@realm ac The operation-mask applies to all principals in realm realm whose first component is user and specifies that the principals can add princi- pals and change passwords. Example 4: Specifying a Name Using a Wildcard and a Target The following ACL entry specifies a name using a wildcard and a target: user/*@realm i */instance@realm The operation-mask applies to all principals in realm realm whose first component is user and specifies that the principals can perform inquiries on principals whose second component is instance and realm is realm. Example 5: Specifying Incremental Propagation Privileges The following ACL entry specifies propagation privileges for the kiprop service principal: kiprop/slavehost@realm p The operation-mask applies to the kiprop service principal for the specified slave host slavehost in realm realm. This specifies that the associated kiprop service principal can receive incremental principal updates. FILES
/etc/krb5/kdc.conf KDC configuration information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kpasswd(1), gkadmin(1M), kadmind(1M), kadmin.local(1M), kdb5_util(1M), kdc.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_krb5_migrate(5), SEAM(5) SunOS 5.10 26 Apr 2004 kadm5.acl(4)