Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to output thre result to a text file? Post 302736073 by rdrtx1 on Monday 26th of November 2012 06:53:21 PM
Old 11-26-2012
try:
Code:
Variable_1=888
Variable_2=999

Variable_3=$(MyExternalProgram Myfile)

echo $Variable_1 $Variable_2 $Variable_3> text_file

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Output result to a non-delimitted file

Hello I need to run an sql script and then the output result to be in non-delimitted file What is the execution command to obtain this. For eg: the following outputs the result to a space delimitted file db2batch -d ${EC_DB2_DBNAME} -f ${TMP_SCRIPT_NAME} -a ${CURR_DB_ID}/${CURR_DB_PWD} -r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosec
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file? I got try the command below: program_used input_file > new_output_file program_used input_file >> new_output_file Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Result to a Text File

Hi; I am scripting in Shell and i want to write output (on screen) to a text file? ... | tee gcsw/output.txt doesnot work? :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text in Result File Name

Hi Below command is returning the list of files which having this string "MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS". find . -name "*"|xargs grep -il MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS Ex: Above command is returing 2 files (Out of 10 files 2 files having this string). ./file1.txt and ./file2.txt Here I want to append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write result to output file

Good morning everybody, Beeing an absolute newbie in shell scripting I would like to look for some help here. I would like to read an external text file and format the data and write it to an output file. What I was trying to do was to display the result (this worked). But now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejean1976
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average result of text file

Hi all I have created a script to allow me to gain a number of file times and how long they take to execute. I have been asked to get the average time for the log. The log will update every 5 minutes and never be empty. 141 152 157 161 168 169 171 179 202 207 229 651 666 714... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to file result not as expected

Hi Gurus, I run command grep ABC file1 > file2 against below file. I got all ABC_xxx in one line in file2. I expect to get multiple lines in file2. If I print result in screen, the result is expected. thanks in advance My os is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ABC_123 XXXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)