Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with changing text file layout Post 302736069 by cwzkevin on Monday 26th of November 2012 06:29:03 PM
Old 11-26-2012
Help with changing text file layout

Hi there,
I am with this one column input text file to change layout, please help. Thanks. I have awk, sed.

$ cat input
Code:
Median

Median

Median

And the desire output should be
Code:
Median 1.0 2.3 3.0
Median 35.0 26.3 45.7 10.1 63.1
Median 1.2 2.3 3.4 4.5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the text file format

Hi, I have a shell script to unload all the empname who have salary >50000 from the emp table into a text file(empname.txt) . m_db unload "$dbc_file" -column_delimiter ',' -select "SELECT empname FROM emp where salary > 50000" >> empname.txt Now my text file have data in the following format ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CHANGING THE TEXT INSIDE A FILE

Hi All, I need a small help in formating a file. I have a file with word like this; ATGHYJIKOLFHJDHDGDYFGFYGRYGFYRHFYHFUED DHDJFDFSJFLFJSKJFSLKJFGHDKLGLDKGLKDNVNV VNLDVLDVDHFJDKDJVNVHSUFNHJFMVJFMVKJMFV ... .... ....like this 75000 words. I want to convert this words into a single... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing a text file

I have a file as below and want to change it using awk I want to find the entries such as Iteration No.788 Best Value 0.00408152 Next-Worst Value 0.00522935 Worst Value 0.00523487 and change it to Iteration No.788 788. Best Value = 0.00408152 788. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing table layout

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner in Unix, and would need some help from you guys! My input (pipe delimited): City|ZIP|Ref. Item NYC|212|00004 NYC|212|00032 NYC|212|00006 LA|90049|00068 LA|90049|00009 SF|94131|0027 You can see that the first 3 lines have column 1 and 2 in common, same for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing text in multiple files, but with different text for each file

Hello, I have a situation where I want to change a line of text in multiple files, but the problem is that I want to change the text to something unique for each file. For example, let's say I have five files named bob.txt, joe.txt, john.txt, tom.txt, and zach.txt. Each of these files has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add delimiter to a file from layout file

I need to add delimiter in file abc.txt using layout.txt for eg 1 to 2 is category field so after that I need to add delimiter ~ abc.txt 110101160315100000000000000 110101160315100000000000000 Layout.txt CATEGORY POSITION (1:2) char, 2 GROUP_ID ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
8 Replies
yuvdenoise(1)							MJPEG tools manual						     yuvdenoise(1)

NAME
yuvdenoise - Motion-Compensating-YUV4MPEG2-frame-denoiser SYNOPSIS
yuvdenoise [options] </dev/stdin >/dev/stdout DESCRIPTION
yuvdenoise is a spatio-temporal noise-filter for YUV4MPEG2 streams. This is useful to reduce the bitrate needed to encode your captured movies for VCD and SVCD creation. OPTIONS
yuvdenoise accepts the following options: -g y,u,v [0..255] Gaussian filter thresholds This sets the thresholds for the gaussian filter. A value of 0 disables filtering for a specific component and 0,0,0 completely dis- ables/bypasses the filter. This filter is applied before the temporal (-t) filter. (default=0,0,0) -m y,u,v [0..255] Pre 3D Median filter thresholds This sets the thresholds for the pre-processing 3D median filter. A value of 0 disables median filtering for a specific component and 0,0,0 completely disables/bypasses the filter. This filter is applied before the temporal (-t) filter. (default=0,0,0) -r y,u,v [0..255] Renoising filter thresholds This sets the thresholds for adding random "noise" back into the video stream. Default is disabled (not adding random noise). This filter, if enabled, is run as the Blast filter (after the median and temporal filters). Reasonable value is 4,8,8 but if you are work- ing with monochrome (black and white movie) then 4,0,0 will speed things up by not processing the chroma planes. (default=0,0,0) -t y,u,v [0..255] Temporal noise-filter thresholds This sets the thresholds for the temporal noise-filter. Values above 12 may introduce ghosting. The default value for Y' (y) is often a little high and reducing it to 4 or 5 may be necessary. If the chroma smears or ghosts try using values of 5 or 6 instead of the default (12). A value of 0 disables temporal filtering for the specified component (0,0,0 disables/bypasses all temporal filtering). Thus for black and white movies 4,0,0 will be faster by not denoising the chroma planes. (default=4,8,8) -M y,u,v [0..255] Post 3D Median filter thresholds This sets the thresholds for the post-processing 3D median filter. A value of 0 disables median filtering for a specific component and 0,0,0 completely disables/bypasses the filter. This filter is applied after the temporal (-t) filter. Reasonable value is 4,8,8 but if you are working with monochrome (black and white movie) then 4,0,0 will speed things up by not processing the chroma planes. (default=0,0,0) HOW IT WORKS
To Be Written (maybe) in the future. TYPICAL USAGE AND TIPS
As it is self-adapting to the noise-situation found in the stream you normally just can go without any options set: lav2yuv my-video.avi | yuvdenoise | mpeg2enc -t 1 -o my-video.m1v AUTHOR
This man page was written by Stefan Fendt <stefan@lionfish.ping.de> and revised by Steven Schultz. ADDITIONAL INFO
If you have questions, remarks, problems or you just want to contact the developers, the main mailing list for the MJPEG-tools is: mjpeg-users@lists.sourceforge.net For more info, see our website at http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/ SEE ALSO
mjpegtools(1), mpeg2enc(1) lavrec(1) lav2yuv(1) MJPEG Linux Square 11th August 2005 yuvdenoise(1)