Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log file grows
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log file grows Post 302735907 by clx on Monday 26th of November 2012 11:04:42 AM
Old 11-26-2012
Simply don't log the message if the directory does not exist?
Or did I understand something wrong?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename log file according to log file age

Hi Experts, i am new in shell programming. i am having some problem of checking the log file age and rename it. for example: when i run the shell script, the script will check how old is the log file, if the log is already 10 days old(variable). then the log file will rename. hope to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewawong
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a log file to old, then create a new log file.

Hi all, I have about 15 directories all with exactly the same structure. I have a file in each of them called log.txt. This file sits in /home/ftp/*usernamehere*/ftptransfer/log/ Username here is the only change in each of the 15 directories. I want to create a SIMPLE shell script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10u9 + sendmail 8.14.5 mailq grows, deferred messages

hello, I am using solaris 10 and sendmail 8.14.5 Main Problem i have growing (to 1500+ mails) mailq, and mailq consists of mails older then even 1 month. i have forced mailq by sendmail -q -v and messages went out. but it looks like, when messages enter to mailq they are not processed any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpic.lt
0 Replies
ns_log(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 					ns_log(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_log, ns_logctl - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_log severity message _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
While the AOLserver is running it logs various events from Notices to Fatal errors. Usually the AOLserver is running in the background, in which case these messages are placed in the server log. In absence of an ServerLog key in the AOLserver nsd.ini file, this file is the /log/error.log under the AOLserver installation directory. When the AOLserver is running in the foreground the messages are redirected to stderr. ns_log writes the message to the server error log file. Allowable values for severity are: Notice - Something interesting occurred. Warning - Something that could mean something bad occurred. Error - Something bad occurred. Fatal - Something extremely bad occurred. The server will shut down after logging the message. Bug - Something occurred that implies that there is a bug in the code. Debug - If the server is in Debug mode, the message is printed. Debug mode is specified in the [ns/parameters] section of the configuration file. Otherwise, the message is not printed. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 ns_log(3aolserver)