Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Help me in automating the recycling of UNIX server Post 302735699 by Sanaa on Monday 26th of November 2012 03:29:47 AM
Old 11-26-2012
Linux svm0922pdv 2.6.18-274.17.1.e15 #1 SMP Wed Jan 4 22:45:44 ESt 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automating Database scripts in UNIX

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: konquistador
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX backups?

Hi all, I'm quite limited in UNIX unfortunately for me, and need to find a solution to something thats giving me headaches every morning. We need to make daily backups of a server we have in the office every morning, as well as then FTPing the created backup files over to a specific FTP address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Module for log recycling

hi......... can anyone suggest me how n where can i find the module used for recycling logs in Unix(some .so file is used i suppose).till date i have done it with scripting but maintaining the script is becoming difficult. many2 thanx in advance -manuj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuj upadhyay
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX PID Recycling

Had a bizzare problem last night with one of our tools running on an AIX server that has not come up before. The tool has been in use for over a year without this problem showing up.The tool basically does this: -Kick off a background task and record the PIDGo and do a bunch of other taskswait for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating file transfer between two SSH enabled server.

Hi Experts, Few more words to the title, both the servers are ssh enabled but I have read only access to the second server, so I cannot automate SFTP process using RSA/DSA keys. I am using Control M to trigger the script and do not want any manual intervention to enter the password to complete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nchourasiya
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need help with automating a python script on a Windows server

Experience level with scripting (1-10 scale): 1-2....still learning!!! I've got a python script that calls on an API to gather information from a ticketing system. This script is used to track time worked on tickets. My boss is wanting that script to be run once a week. The script runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuscanitunr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX/Solaris password resets

Hi, we are running solaris 5.10 and looking for solutions to automate password resets? Plz assist. Thanks, Sridhar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvgms
6 Replies
GRUB-MKIMAGE(1) 						   User Commands						   GRUB-MKIMAGE(1)

NAME
grub-mkimage - make a bootable image of GRUB SYNOPSIS
grub-mkimage [OPTION...] [OPTION]... [MODULES] DESCRIPTION
Make a bootable image of GRUB. -c, --config=FILE embed FILE as an early config -C, --compression=(xz|none|auto) choose the compression to use for core image -d, --directory=DIR use images and modules under DIR [default=/usr/lib/grub/<platform>] -k, --pubkey=FILE embed FILE as public key for signature checking -m, --memdisk=FILE embed FILE as a memdisk image Implies `-p (memdisk)/boot/grub' and overrides any prefix supplied previously, but the prefix itself can be overridden by later options -n, --note add NOTE segment for CHRP IEEE1275 -o, --output=FILE output a generated image to FILE [default=stdout] -O, --format=FORMAT generate an image in FORMAT available formats: i386-coreboot, i386-multiboot, i386-pc, i386-pc-pxe, i386-pc-eltorito, i386-efi, i386-ieee1275, i386-qemu, x86_64-efi, i386-xen, x86_64-xen, mipsel-yeeloong-flash, mipsel-fuloong2f-flash, mipsel-loongson-elf, pow- erpc-ieee1275, sparc64-ieee1275-raw, sparc64-ieee1275-cdcore, sparc64-ieee1275-aout, ia64-efi, mips-arc, mipsel-arc, mipsel-qemu_mips-elf, mips-qemu_mips-flash, mipsel-qemu_mips-flash, mips-qemu_mips-elf, arm-uboot, arm-efi, arm64-efi -p, --prefix=DIR set prefix directory -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-install(8), grub-mkrescue(1), grub-mknetdir(8) The full documentation for grub-mkimage is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mkimage programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mkimage should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mkimage (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKIMAGE(1)