Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Fsck command without any option Post 302735639 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 25th of November 2012 11:22:48 PM
Old 11-26-2012
Do you mean
Code:
 fsck [filesystem name]

Yes, you can run it that way. Any filesystem you check has to be unmounted first.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck command - what does it check/repair??

While rebooting one of the UNIX systems here at work, the boot-up process halted and a message appeared telling me that I had to run the fsck command. The command to the best of my knowledge went something like : fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 Can someone give me a full list of this command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

-c option in ping command

What does '-c' mean in ping command? Is this option specific to bash shell? Deepa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

option for ls command

i'm using SunOS 5.7 and I know theres a ls option for seeing what kind of files are in a directory. I was wondering if there was a ls option that could see if the files are txt or files that can be opened in vi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

-n option with grep command

Hi, what is the meaning of -n option before the grep command ? grep command searches for the specified string in the file tmp_crontab.txt but what does -n mean ? With Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable as a command option?

I am just learning shell scripting and already I found out I have the bad habit of thinking that it is similar to php or c. I learned some basics and now encountered this problem: On shell it is possible to type: $ date --date="2009-10-10 09:08:34" Sat Oct 10 09:08:34 CEST 2009 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsck command

can somebody tell me what exactly fsck command does ? please dont post the man page for it I already read it (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies

8. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

What's the reason behind having -n option for mv command?

Sorry for a question that may seem dumb but learning UNIX basics I still can not grasp benefits of using mv -n source file target file I can understand the need for cp -n source file target file when you get a copy with contents untouched but the former baffles me. I know that this about... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command option substitution?

Hi folks, I totally dislike asking questions in forums but this one eats up to much of my time I need to spend on other topics. I have a shell-script in which I call a terminal. I want to invoke bash inside the terminal and print a message inside bash with aid of a here document. See... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluntroller
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)