Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert a new line between the XML tags?. Post 302735561 by laknar on Sunday 25th of November 2012 03:05:44 PM
Old 11-25-2012
Thank you it is working now. Could you please explain that what this code is doing?.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closing XML tags in one line

Any one can help Example having an spml output as below (the complete one has more than 10000 tags): ============= <ts11> <msisdn>123</msisdn> <bcieID>TELEPHON</bcieID> </ts11> <ts21> <msisdn>987</msisdn> </ts21> ... ======= I want to have every tag closed in one line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafidiw
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a new subnode in a xml file

Hi, i have an xml file and i want to edit a new sub node in a file like val="<activity android:label="@string/app_name" android_name=".MainActivity1" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:screenOrientation="portrait" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gautamshrm3
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a newline in XML

Hi guys, I got a requirement that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert new line in xml?

I have an xml like below and wanted to insert a new line between end of the tag and start of the new tag. <partyaddress><addressline1>gandhi stree</addressline1><city>hyderbad</city><state>AP</state><addressline1>xyz stree</addressline1><city>bangalore</city><state>Karnataka</state>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting all xml tags out of a line

I would like search and find a word (easily identified by 'key') from an xml file and then cut all of the tags out of the resulting line (anything between a < and a >) and display the remaining material. I am running Debian and mksh shell. dictionary.sh: #!/bin/sh key='key="'$1'"><form'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
acl_init(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       acl_init(3)

NAME
acl_init - Allocate and initialize ACL internal working storage LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init( const size_t size); PARAMETERS
Specifies the size of the working storage in bytes. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_init() function allocates and initializes working storage for an ACL of at least size bytes. A pointer to the working storage is returned. When the area is first allocated, it contains a ACL that has no ACL entries. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_init() function returns a pointer to the working storage. Otherwise, a NULL pointer is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management constraints. The function is not supported by the implementation. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perm(3), acl_create_entry(3), acl_free(3) Security delim off acl_init(3)