Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Is here anyone hands on in Linux Bare Metal Restore..?? Post 302735293 by selvarajvs on Saturday 24th of November 2012 07:14:05 AM
Old 11-24-2012
Commercial backup product.. :)

Thanks for your valuable reply.. Smilie

Can u please send a 'hi' mail to <removed email> Smilie.. So that i will discuss with you regarding Linux BMR.. I hope that will be useful discussion for us. Smilie

Thanks

Selva

Last edited by Scott; 11-24-2012 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Removed email address

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

O S for new bare PC

I have a new motherboard & HD etc that have working bios etc but won't accept my W98 upgrade as the O S, I need to know if I can get the Unix OS to work with it, instead of using Windows? I understand that the Unix OS works very well but will it install easily?? Al (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alrichards
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX backup --> Linux Restore

Hi all, I have a large number of backup tapes which were originally written with the AIX "backup" command. I now need to convert these to "tar" format, but unfortunately I no longer have access to an AIX machine. I have been able to connect the old tape drive (3590) to a Linux box and it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jauru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

bare metal backup for HP-UX 11i v3?

How can i make a dvd image ( bare metal backup ) for HP-UX 11i v3 installation on integrity servers , for quick recovery for the os and installed software in case of disaster (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. SCO

SCO tape backups won't restore in Ubuntu Linux environment

Hello folks. I have the following problem: I'm trying to create a tape backup of a list of files on a 10 year old server, running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 (the tape drive is a Seagate STD224000N, connected as a SCSI drive). I then want to restore the contents of this tape onto a new server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klabelkholosh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl - how to report out metal layer usage in a design and measure its width and length?

Hi guys, I am very new to tcl here. would like to request some help please let say i have a design .it's a IC design . I would like to know each usage of metal layer of that design and also measure its length and width? how to code in such way? thanks for any guidance/help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teddy6507
3 Replies

8. SCO

Virtualization a bare metal SCO Open Server 6?

Hello, We have a SCO Open Server 6 running on bare metal hardware, this is used for a legacy application that we continue to need. I would like to migrate/virtualize the SCO server into VMware so that I can do VM level backups, etc. I did test to make sure SCO 6.0 can run in VMware/ESXi... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
11 Replies
HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)

NAME
hobbit-mailack - permit acknowledging alerts via e-mail SYNOPSIS
hobbit-mailack --env=FILENAME [--debug] DESCRIPTION
hobbit-mailack normally runs as an input mail-filter for the hobbit user, e.g. by being called from the xymon users' procmailrc(5) file. hobbit-mailack recognizes e-mails that are replies to hobbitd_alert(8) mail alerts, and converts the reply mail into an acknowledge message that is sent to the Xymon system. This permits an administrator to acknowledge an alert via e-mail. ADDING INFORMATION TO THE REPLY MAIL
By default, an acknowledgment is valid for 1 hour. If you know in advance that solving the problem is going to take longer, you can change this by adding delay=DURATION to the subject of your mail reply or on a line in the reply message. Duration is in minutes, unless you add a trailing 'h' (for 'hours'), 'd' (for 'days') or 'w' (for 'weeks'). You can also include a message that will show up on the status-page together with the acknowledgment, e.g. to provide an explanation for the issue or some other information to the users. You can either put it at the end of the subject line as msg=Some random text, or you can just enter it in the e-mail as the first non-blank line of text in the mail (a "delay=N" line is ignored when looking for the message text). USE WITH PROCMAIL
To setup hobbit-mailack, create a .procmailrc file in the xymon-users home-directory with the following contents: DEFAULT=$HOME/Mailbox LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log :0 | $HOME/server/bin/hobbit-mailack --env=$HOME/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg USE WITH QMAIL
If you are using Qmail to deliver mail locally, you can run hobbit-mailack directly from a .qmail file. Setup the xymon-users .qmail file like this: | $HOME/server/bin/hobbit-mailack --env=$HOME/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Load environment from FILENAME, usually hobbitserver.cfg. --debug Dont send a message to hobbitd, but dump the message to stdout. SEE ALSO
hobbitd_alert(8), hobbitd(8), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)