Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed Post 302735183 by MichaelFelt on Friday 23rd of November 2012 05:02:52 PM
Old 11-23-2012
A separate approach could be to delete the filesets that are not updating properly. To help decide you could use lslpp -f <filesetName> and look at the files included and determine if there are any you actually need. If not you could delete and the command oslevel -s will give you the level you expect.

I have not downloaded the files myself, so I cannot say if it is for all systems. The separate fix for bos.net.uucp makes it seem like this is a "PTF in Error" - or something like that. Be watching: www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/subscriptions/ijhifoeblist?mode=1&prefsOnOff=null&heading=AIX61&topic=TL08&month=ALL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

HELP for AIX 4.3 upgrade to 5.3

Hi guys I have joined a new department and one of my tasks is to investigate the feasibility of upgrading our current AIX v 4.3 to V5.3. I do not know anything about AIX and any actual work will be done by an outside consultant until such time as I have built up my own knowledge. The system we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDM
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX ML upgrade

Hello everyone, I have to do a ML upgrade on AIX 5.2 from 01 to 09 this is the first time iam going to do it. are there any command i have to keep in mind?? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Upgrade

Does anyone know any gotcha's on upgrading AIX from 5.1 to 5.3? Any interim steps on needs to do or ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Upgrade 5.2 to 5.3

I have an IBM P520 that I need to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3. My background in Unix is from 15 years ago so I don't remember much. IBM documentation is hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashtonmcse
1 Replies

5. Linux

Squid upgrade & run help needed

dear frnds, i m very new linux environment & is looking to deploy squid proxy server using Fedora 9. but i do not know anything abt all this. i have installed fedora in default mode & it has squid already installed. now i want to upgrade the squid to current version. i tried to use yum to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ondemandemails
2 Replies

6. AIX

Upgrade from AIX 5.3 to 6.1

Hello Folks, i am facing some weired issues. case is like this :- initially i was on AIX 5.3 i have installed filesets related to my application and those were in APPLY state.(COMMIT is set as NO) Then i have taken lslpp -l| grep -i <apps name> in that i confirmed whether the filesets are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_mulay
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX upgrade

i upgrade aix ml 5.3.2.1 to 5.3.2.2 but when running commnd #oslevel -r shows out put, again 5.3.2.1-- where should i chek??? 2-can any one tell me when mknfs command run which files get updated?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayyer
2 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

10. AIX

TL upgrade failed

Hi I'm trying to upgrade the AIX TL on my test LPAR. current os level is "7100-01-06-1241" Planning to upgrade it to latest TL. "7100-02-03-1334" 1) Downloaded the TL files from fix central Selected "7100-02-03-1334" --> requisite "7100-02-00-1241" ==> Downloaded both 2) backedup... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
9 Replies
BOS_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_HELP(8)

NAME
       bos_help - Displays help for bos commands

SYNOPSIS
       bos help [-topic <help string>+] [-help]

bos h [-t <help string>+] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each command operation code
       specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the
       online help entry for every bos command.

To list every bos command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the bos apropos command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>+
	   Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the bos part of the command name, providing only the
	   operation code (for example, specify status, not bos status). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every bos
	   command.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The online help entry for each bos command consists of the following two or three lines:

o   The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.

o   The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.

o   The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the
	   same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.

EXAMPLES
       The following command displays the online help entry for the bos status command:

% bos help status
	  bos status: show server instance status
	  Usage: bos status -server <machine name> [-instance <server
	  process name>+] [-long] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth]
	  [-localauth] [-help]

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       bos(8), bos_apropos(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							       BOS_HELP(8)