Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Normalizing files for sentence count Post 302735117 by A-V on Friday 23rd of November 2012 12:14:56 PM
Old 11-23-2012
Thank you very much for the code
I have to break the files into sentence per line as well and dont want it to divide the lines if there is a word or number of the "." so i have to know how to identify it.
can you explain this bit please?
Quote:
,"", $0)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count todays created files and old files

Hello experts, I used following approach to get listing of all files of remote server. Now I have remote server file information on same server. I am getting listing in the output.txt I want to count today's created files and old files. I want to compare the numbers... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Files

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem: Write a script called countFiles that takes two arguments, the initial directory and the number of levels and returns the count of all files (including directories) in the directories and subdirectories up to the number of levels. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clammy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[grep] how to grep a sentence which has quotation marks "sentence"

I would like to check with grep in this configuration file: { "alt-speed-down": 200, "alt-speed-enabled": true, "alt-speed-time-begin": 1140, "alt-speed-time-day": 127, "...something..." : true, ... } "alt-speed-enabled" (the third line of the file) is setted to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciro314
2 Replies

6. Programming

Normalizing date value to a single timezone

Hi, Am trying to get a normalized date value irrespective of the time zone of the machine in which following code is run. When the following code is run in 2 different machines with TZ=UTC and TZ=PDT, I get 2 different values. I simply want to normalize the output that is specific to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count different id from a files?

Hi Guys, Please help for counting different task_id:- file name is: sms_push_123.ac:011:045 file records: Now we need to output like: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies
MESSAGEFORMATTER(3)							 1						       MESSAGEFORMATTER(3)

The MessageFormatter class

INTRODUCTION
MessageFormatter is a concrete class that enables users to produce concatenated, language-neutral messages. The methods supplied in this class are used to build all the messages that are seen by end users. The MessageFormatter class assembles messages from various fragments (such as text fragments, numbers, and dates) supplied by the program. Because of the MessageFormatter class, the program does not need to know the order of the fragments. The class uses the formatting specifi- cations for the fragments to assemble them into a message that is contained in a single string within a resource bundle. For example, Mes- sageFormatter enables you to print the phrase "Finished printing x out of y files..." in a manner that still allows for flexibility in translation. Previously, an end user message was created as a sentence and handled as a string. This procedure created problems for localizers because the sentence structure, word order, number format and so on are very different from language to language. The language-neutral way to cre- ate messages keeps each part of the message separate and provides keys to the data. Using these keys, the MessageFormatter class can con- catenate the parts of the message, localize them, and display a well-formed string to the end user. MessageFormatter takes a set of objects, formats them, and then inserts the formatted strings into the pattern at the appropriate places. Choice formats can be used in conjunction with MessageFormatter to handle plurals, match numbers, and select from an array of items. Typi- cally, the message format will come from resources and the arguments will be dynamically set at runtime. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MessageFormatter MessageFormatter Methods o public MessageFormatter::__construct (string $locale, string $pattern) o publicstatic MessageFormatter MessageFormatter::create (string $locale, string $pattern) o publicstatic string MessageFormatter::formatMessage (string $locale, string $pattern, array $args) o public string MessageFormatter::format (array $args) o public int MessageFormatter::getErrorCode (void ) o public string MessageFormatter::getErrorMessage (void ) o public string MessageFormatter::getLocale (void ) o public string MessageFormatter::getPattern (void ) o publicstatic array MessageFormatter::parseMessage (string $locale, string $pattern, string $source) o public array MessageFormatter::parse (string $value) o public bool MessageFormatter::setPattern (string $pattern) SEE ALSO
o ICU formatting documentation o ICU message formatting description oICU message formatters oICU choice formatters PHP Documentation Group MESSAGEFORMATTER(3)