Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications UNIX to windows XP file transfer Post 302734945 by jgt on Friday 23rd of November 2012 07:00:21 AM
Old 11-23-2012
Then you have to start a file sharing service on the unix system. Either nfs or samba (smb).
Which version of unix/linux are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to transfer b/w Unix and Windows

Hello everyone, I am trying to copy a large file from our SCO server to Win2000, burn it and then copy to our new server. Here's my problem. The file I am transfering is about 90 meg. When I use ftp from the windows machine and use the get command, it transfers the file but when I look at the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtysparks
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer of files via ftp from windows to unix

I am currently looking to write a script to transfer files from a windows NT server to a unix server any ideas of how to go about this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chambala5
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to Transfer a whole Directory from unix to windows using FTP?

Hi I can transfer a single file and multiple file from unix to widows using get and mget command.But i dont know How to transfer a whole directory from unix to windows using command. pls help me Ramkumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumarm83
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File transfer between unix and windows viceversa

Hi, My requirement is to connect to a windows system from unix fileserver and get some files then process them using shell scripting and database related stuff.it will generate some output.i have to copy again some files back to windows system at some directory. How do i connect to windows from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to transfer files from Unix to Windows.

Hi There is a requirement for me to transfer files from Unix to windows in an automation process of unix. Please let me know is it posibble to shell scripting this? Could you help me in scripting it? Regards Venugopal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin script to transfer file from windows to UNIX

Hi, Objective is to transfer files from windows server to Unix server using cygwin. I have installed cygwin, and I manually execute commands and transfer files from windows to unix using sftp. These are steps I execute 1) Run cmd 2) Run cygwin 3) At prompt type sftp user1@uniserver 4) lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies
transfer::receiver(n)					     Data transfer facilities					     transfer::receiver(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::receiver - Data source SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require snit ?1.0? package require transfer::data::destination ?0.1? package require transfer::connect ?0.1? package require transfer::receiver ?0.1? transfer::receiver object ?options...? object destroy object start object busy _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package pulls data destinations and connection setup together into a combined object for the reception of information coming in over a socket. These objects understand all the options from objects created by the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect. API
transfer::receiver object ?options...? This command creates and configures a new receiver object. The fully qualified name of the object command is returned as the result of the command. See the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect for the main options recognized. Here we describe only the options which go beyond the referenced set. -command cmdprefix This option specifies the command to invoke when the transmission of the information in the data source has been completed. The arguments given to this command are the same as given to the completion callback of method receive, see package trans- fer::data::destination. object destroy This method destroys the object. Doing so while a reception is on progress will cause errors later on, when the reception completes and tries to access the now missing data structures of the destroyed object. object start This method initiates the data reception, setting up the connection first and then copying the received information into the desti- nation. The method will throw an error if a reception is already/still in progress. I.e. it is not possible to run two receptions in parallel, only in sequence. Errors will also be thrown if the configuration of the data destination is invalid, or if no completion callback was specified. The result returned by the method the same as the result of method connect, see package transfer::connect. object busy This method returns a boolean value telling us whether a reception is in progress (True), or not (False). BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category transfer of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, data destination, receiver, transfer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.1 transfer::receiver(n)