Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete line - Perl one liner
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete line - Perl one liner Post 302734917 by elixir_sinari on Friday 23rd of November 2012 04:42:38 AM
Old 11-23-2012
Or
Code:
perl -lpe 'print "" if m:\A/mediawiki-1\.19\.0/:' file

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 11-23-2012 at 05:49 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the last line in a file using AWK or PERL

Is it possible to delete the last line in a file usin awk or perl? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl One Liner

Hi , Can anybody explain how this perl one liner works.. It is to test whether the number is prime or not perl -le 'print "PRIME" if (1 x shift) !~ /^(11+)\1+$/' 19 Thanks in advance Shihab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line in a file starting with - Perl one-liner

Hi I need a perl onliner to delete a line in a file starting with few words. Example file.txt ---------- my name is don I live in London I am woking as engineer I want to delete a line starting with 'I live in' using perl oneliner and in place edit with out temporary files Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete more than one line awk or perl

Hi all! How can a file be rid of three lines in sequence like the sample below: ... </s> <s> <w></w> </s> <s> ...to get: ... </s> <s> ... Note that the digits between square brackets may be more than one, comprising a comma, or a full-stop; and that the string between brackets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/perl one-liner assist

In a ~4GB file there are lines like, 13.13.4.3 Googe.com - Jan/23/2011:00:00:00 +0000 "URL Google HTTP/1.1" 45 56 208 - "http://www.gogle.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=nw#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=hello&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=c432485467934a89" ".Net; Fox" - 13.145.3.3 Goge.com -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Awk with One-liner Perl

can someone help me translate the following command, from: /usr/bin/awk "/^$TOFDAYM $TOFDAYD /,0" $LOGFILE to something like perl -e ..... basically, i want to use perl to do awk functions within a shell script. i want to do the above awk, using perl. any suggestions? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl one liner to replace text

Not quite a unix question but problem in a perl command. Taking a chance if someone knows about the error cat 1 a b c d perl -p -e 's/a/b/g' 1 b b c d What is the problem here?? perl -p -i -e 's/a/b/g' 1 Can't remove 1: Text file busy, skipping file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL one liner

hi, I am using PERL one liner for oracle database connection as : $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:SID user passwd));" is there a way to append select statement to this connection ? i.e. DB connection and select stmt in one line ? how to do sysdba connection using one lines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one liner to Delete blank lines - Help required

Hi, cat test.txt BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine ello hi helo BlankLine BlankLine heylo BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine done BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies
App::Rad::Include(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    App::Rad::Include(3pm)

NAME
App::Rad::Include - 'include' command extension for App::Rad VERSION
Version 0.01 SYNOPSIS
'include' is an opt-in command for you App::Rad programs (myapp.pl): use App::Rad qw(include); # add the 'include' command App::Rad->run(); and now you can turn your one-liners (e.g:) [user@host]$ perl -i -pe 's/ //' file.txt into nice scalable commands, simply replacing 'perl' for 'yourapp include <NAME>' [user@host]$ myapp.pl include dos2unix -i -pe 's/ //' and there you go, a brand new 'dos2unix' command: [user@host]$ myapp.pl dos2unix file.txt DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module for App::Rad and should not be used separately. Please refer to App::Rad for further documentation. INTERNAL METHODS
load Loads the module into App::Rad include Translates perl one-liner into self-contained command (subroutine) and adds it to your App::Rad program. DEPENDENCIES
o O, which is core in Perl 5.8. o B::Deparse, also core in 5.8. o Perl::Tidy (optional) AUTHOR
Breno G. de Oliveira, "<garu at cpan.org>" ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The one-liner conversion and beautification was *much* easened because of the nice "O" , "B::Deparse" and "Perl::Tidy" modules. So many thanks to Malcolm Beattie, Nicholas Clark, Stephen McCamant, Steve Hancock, and everyone that helped those projects. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008 Breno G. de Oliveira "<garu at cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2008-12-21 App::Rad::Include(3pm)