Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Whether Shell script can do this task ??? Post 302734815 by cfajohnson on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:17:59 PM
Old 11-23-2012

Then post enough of the file (in [code] tags) to show the format.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimized way of doing the task in shell programming

Hi I have a file consists of the following similar lines (10 mb file) 2008-05-15 02:15:38,268 RMSConnectionFactory - Setting session state for connection. 2008-05-15 02:15:38,277 RMSConnectionFactory - Returning WS connection. My task is to find out any missing second lines for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last task for my script

hi, infile- create table salary ( occupation_code char(40), earnings decimal(10,2), occ_yearend integer ); outfile- salary:create table salary salary:( occupation_code char(40), salary: earnings decimal(10,2), salary: occ_yearend integer salary:); Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting task

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting. And I have a task to do, I tried all possible ways to solve this, but didn't. Iwas wondering maybe someone could help me. So I have a random file something like this Andrew John Mike Alfa Omega Beta And I need to create scrip witch would filter any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Strongid
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell scripting task

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I am new to shell scripting. And I have a task to do, I tried all possible ways to solve this, but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Strongid
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command task script

ksh $CODE/dis/scripts/IS_BTEQ_LZ_TABLE_AUDIT.sh DIS_BTEQ LZ_DIS_LOAD_LOG_KEY > $CODE/dis/logs/lz_table_audit_`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`.log 2>&1 Can some one tell me what the above script is doing? As per my understanding we are executing the script and sending the output to a log file. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikkasarla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any programmer do this task in shell script...

input file's one set header is this, ----------------------------------------------------- OUTPUT FROM ASCII FILE: CAST #1 ----------------------------------------------------- CC Cruise Latitude Longitude YYYY MM DD Time Cast #Levels CA 8504 50.083 -144.883 1970 1 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a task in a script at a particular time

I have an ETL process that triggers a shell script. This script picks the files created by the ETL process and does an SFTP. These are huge files. Due to infrastructure limitations, we need to trigger the actual SFTP part only during the 2nd, 16th, 31st and 46th minute of an hour. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for database task.

Hi, I need help in creating script for "User password reset in database" by logging into database from linux server and resetting the user password. Could you please provide the script for this task? Steps are given below. 1. Login into database from server sqlplus... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux