Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transpose recursively into delimited file Post 302734771 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 05:35:24 PM
Old 11-22-2012
The awk commands are probably because you are on Solaris, if so try nawk instead of awk. The awk solution uses blank lines to align so your two anomalies will come out as:
Code:
Line A|Line B
Line C|Line D

But this should avoid getting out of sync for the rest of the file which is probably safer in case of other issues like this at a later date.

If you want to stick with paste you can use grep -v "^$" infile > outfile to remove blank lines, and don't forget to remove one of the dashes from the paste arguments to reduce to a 4-line sequence.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Space delimited file to Tab delimited file

Hi all, I have a file with single white space delimited values, I want to convert them to a tab delimited file. I tried sed, tr ... but nothing is working. Thanks, Rajeevan D (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevs81
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a pipe delimited file to a':" delimited file

i have a file whose data is like this:: osr_pe_assign|-120|wg000d@att.com|4| osr_evt|-21|wg000d@att.com|4| pe_avail|-21|wg000d@att.com|4| osr_svt|-11|wg000d@att.com|4| pe_mop|-13|wg000d@att.com|4| instar_ready|-35|wg000d@att.com|4| nsdnet_ready|-90|wg000d@att.com|4|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a space delimited file into a pipe delimited file using shellscript?

Hi All, I have space delimited file similar to the one as shown below.. I need to convert it as a pipe delimited, the values inside the pipe delimited file should be as highlighted... AA ATIU2345098809 009697 005374 BB ATIU2345097809 005445 006518 CC ATIU9685098809 003215 003571 DD... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting Pipe delimited file to Tab Delimited

I have a file which was pipe delimited, I need to make it tab delimited. I tried with sed but no use cat file | sed 's/|//t/g' The above command substituted "/t" not tab in the place of pipe. Sample file: abc|123|2012-01-30|2012-04-28|xyz have to convert to: abc 123... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk read one delimited file, search another delimited file

Hello folks, I have another doozy. I have two files. The first file has four fields in it. These four fields map to different locations in my second file. What I want to do is read the master file (file 2 - 23 fields) and compare each line against each record in file 1. If I get a match in all four... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose comma delimited data in rows to columns

Hello, I have a bilingual database with the following structure a,b,c=d,e,f The right half is in a Left to right script and the second is in a Right to left script as the examples below show What I need is to separate out the database such that the first word on the left hand matches the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
ipentry(3tk)						    An IP address entry widget						      ipentry(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ipentry - An IP address entry widget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require ipentry ?0.3? ::ipentry::ipentry pathName ?option value...? ::ipentry::ipentry6 pathName ?option value...? pathName complete pathName get pathName insert iplist pathName icursor index pathName configure option value... pathName cget option _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a widget for the entering of a IP address. ::ipentry::ipentry pathName ?option value...? Creates a new IPv4 ipentry widget and configures it with the given options and their values. ::ipentry::ipentry6 pathName ?option value...? Creates a new ipentry widget for the entry of an IPv6 address. All options are the same as the IPv4 widget. Each widget created with the command above supports the following methods: pathName complete Returns a boolean value. True indicates that the entry contains a complete IP address, meaning all fields have a value. In some cases IPv6 address are valid when fields are missing. You will need to do your own validation to detect this. pathName get Returns the contents of the entry as a list consisting of 4 or 8 elements. pathName insert iplist IPv4 Takes a list of 4 elements and inserts one into each quad of the entry, in order. All values in the list must be empty or integers. Values outside the range 0 to 255 are modified to be within the range. IPv6 Takes a list of 8 elements and inserts one into each quad of the entry, in order. All values in the list must be empty or 1 to 4 hex digits. pathName icursor index Sets the position of the widgets insertion cursor. Only integer values between 0 and 15 are valid for ipentry and 0 to 31 for ipen- try6. Setting the icursor will only have an effect if the widget already has the input focus. pathName configure option value... Modifies the configuration of the widget. For options and their meaning see the widget options section. pathName cget option Returns information about the current configuration of the widget, for the specified option. For options and their meaning see the widget options section. WIDGET OPTIONS
Command-Line Switch: -textvariable Database Name: textvariable Database Class: Variable The name of a variable which holds the value of the IP address. The value must be a string of the form NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN for IPv4 or HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH for IPv6 where H is a hex digit. The variable will be modified to represent a valid IP address if it is not already. Command-Line Switch: -state Database Name: state Database Class: State Specifies one of three states for the entry: normal, disabled, or readonly. Command-Line Switch: -font Database Name: font Database Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -bd Database Name: borderWidth Database Class: BorderWidth Command-Line Switch: -fg Database Name: foreground Database Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -bg Database Name: background Database Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -relief Database Name: relief Database Class: Relief Command-Line Switch: -highlightthickness Database Name: highlightThickness Database Class: HighlightThickness Command-Line Switch: -highlightcolor Database Name: highlightColor Database Class: HighlightColor Command-Line Switch: -highlightbackground Database Name: highlightBackground Database Class: HighlightBackground Command-Line Switch: -selectbackground Database Name: selectBackground Database Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -selectforeground Database Name: selectForeground Database Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -selectborderwidth Database Name: selectBorderWidth Database Class: BorderWidth Command-Line Switch: -disabledbackground Database Name: disabledBackground Database Class: DisabledBackground Command-Line Switch: -disabledforeground Database Name: disabledForeground Database Class: DisabledForeground Command-Line Switch: -readonlybackground Database Name: readonlyBackground Database Class: ReadonlyBackground Command-Line Switch: -insertbackground Database Name: insertBackground Database Class: Background Standard widget options. See options for a description of their meanings and values. KEYWORDS
entry, ip address ipentry 0.3 ipentry(3tk)