Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not using all CPU's?
Operating Systems AIX Not using all CPU's? Post 302734591 by vpundit on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:45:15 AM
Old 11-22-2012
also here is the paging:

Code:
Page Space      Physical Volume   Volume Group    Size %Used Active Auto  Type Chksum
paging01        hdisk715          rootvg       12800MB     4   yes   yes    lv     0
paging00        hdisk715          rootvg       12800MB     4   yes   yes    lv     0
hd6             hdisk714          rootvg       29952MB     2   yes   yes    lv     0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to down a particular CPU in a server, witch is having 16 CPU's

Hi.., my dout is a solaris server is having 16 cpu's. in tht one cpu running some error process, accupaying more space. I wanna down tht particular CPU only with out interrupting the other 15 CPU's. how can i do this. is there any command for this ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.janardhanguru
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU and CPU-Utilization

Hi, I am a weblogic Admin I our env there are 5 servers running in one Solaris 10 Sparc machine. But when i tried for process status using <top> command I got the following output load averages: 1.75, 2.18, 2.12; up 134+08:28:49 22:24:21 79 processes: 77 sleeping, 1 running,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joseph Antoine
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between CPU CHIP and CPU ID

Hi All, What is the difference between CPU CHIP and CUP ID on SUN/ Oracle M5000 servers.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

8. AIX

Entitled CPU lesser Than Used CPU !!

Hi All, It may be a n00b question, but i really want to know , How Entitled Capacity is less and Used CPU is more when there is no Free CPU is available in the managed system. I have 5LPARs in a MS with Dual VIO. Managed System CPU details Available: 0.20 Assigned to partitions: 15.80... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

Esxi INTEL cpu vs esxi AMD cpu

Hi i have 2 esxi. one is amd based cpu and the other is intel based cpu. i have a redhat linux machine that was created in amd cpu esxi, now i need to migrate it (powered off) to INTEL based esxi. will the redhat machine will be OK with that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
PVMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 PVMOVE(8)

NAME
pvmove - move physical extents SYNOPSIS
pvmove [--abort] [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-b|--background] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-i|--interval Seconds] [--noudevsync] [-v|--ver- bose] [-n|--name LogicalVolume] [SourcePhysicalVolume[:PE[-PE]...] [DestinationPhysicalVolume[:PE[-PE]...]...]] DESCRIPTION
pvmove allows you to move the allocated physical extents (PEs) on SourcePhysicalVolume to one or more other physical volumes (PVs). You can optionally specify a source LogicalVolume in which case only extents used by that LV will be moved to free (or specified) extents on DestinationPhysicalVolume(s). If no DestinationPhysicalVolume is specified, the normal allocation rules for the Volume Group are used. If pvmove gets interrupted for any reason (e.g. the machine crashes) then run pvmove again without any PhysicalVolume arguments to restart any moves that were in progress from the last checkpoint. Alternatively use pvmove --abort at any time to abort them at the last check- point. You can run more than one pvmove at once provided they are moving data off different SourcePhysicalVolumes, but additional pvmoves will ignore any Logical Volumes already in the process of being changed, so some data might not get moved. pvmove works as follows: 1. A temporary 'pvmove' Logical Volume is created to store details of all the data movements required. 2. Every Logical Volume in the Volume Group is searched for contiguous data that need moving according to the command line arguments. For each piece of data found, a new segment is added to the end of the pvmove LV. This segment takes the form of a temporary mirror to copy the data from the original location to a newly-allocated location. The original LV is updated to use the new temporary mirror segment in the pvmove LV instead of accessing the data directly. 3. The Volume Group metadata is updated on disk. 4. The first segment of the pvmove Logical Volume is activated and starts to mirror the first part of the data. Only one segment is mir- rored at once as this is usually more efficient. 5. A daemon repeatedly checks progress at the specified time interval. When it detects that the first temporary mirror is in-sync, it breaks that mirror so that only the new location for that data gets used and writes a checkpoint into the Volume Group metadata on disk. Then it activates the mirror for the next segment of the pvmove LV. 6. When there are no more segments left to be mirrored, the temporary Logical Volume is removed and the Volume Group metadata is updated so that the Logical Volumes reflect the new data locations. Note that this new process cannot support the original LVM1 type of on-disk metadata. Metadata can be converted using vgconvert(8). N.B. The moving of mirrors, snapshots and their origins is not yet supported. OPTIONS
--abort Abort any moves in progress. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. -b, --background Run the daemon in the background. -i, --interval Seconds Report progress as a percentage at regular intervals. -n, --name LogicalVolume Move only the extents belonging to LogicalVolume from SourcePhysicalVolume instead of all allocated extents to the destination phys- ical volume(s). EXAMPLES
To move all Physical Extents that are used by simple Logical Volumes on /dev/sdb1 to free Physical Extents elsewhere in the Volume Group use: pvmove /dev/sdb1 Any mirrors, snapshots and their origins are left unchanged. Additionally, a specific destination device /dev/sdc1 can be specified like this: pvmove /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 To perform the action only on extents belonging to the single Logical Volume lvol1 do this: pvmove -n lvol1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 Rather than moving the contents of the entire device, it is possible to move a range of Physical Extents - for example numbers 1000 to 1999 inclusive on /dev/sdb1 - like this: pvmove /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 To move a range of Physical Extents to a specific location (which must have sufficent free extents) use the form: pvmove /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 /dev/sdc1 or pvmove /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 /dev/sdc1:0-999 If the source and destination are on the same disk, the anywhere allocation policy would be needed, like this: pvmove --alloc anywhere /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 /dev/sdb1:0-999 The part of a specific Logical Volume present within in a range of Physical Extents can also be picked out and moved, like this: pvmove -n lvol1 /dev/sdb1:1000-1999 /dev/sdc1 SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgconvert(8) pvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVMOVE(8)