Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Bounded Buffer is hanging, tried all I can. (C++) Post 302734165 by DGPickett on Wednesday 21st of November 2012 04:49:10 PM
Old 11-21-2012
Great! Welcome to the land of parallel processing, concurrent threads and locks!

In one of my past projects, I was cooking up a container object that took in data from very many concurrent threads, fast, by having many input containers so they could just bypass locked ones, and internal threads to merge the data, order not guaranteed, and feed it to multiple output containers as evenly as possible but avoiding locks, so it would be as delay-free a container as possible. The containers were single linked lists, so they could easily be emptied and merged. One can imagine this used with a multi-thread sorting container to sort data as it arrived such that, when the last item arrived, the sorted output could commence immediately.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hanging commands

Hello, I just tried to run this command: /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null | grep -i version Its doing what I want: writing out the sendmail version. But on some machines it writing the version and then exit to the prompt but on others its writing the version but then hangs, I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
0 Replies

2. Solaris

hanging sockets!??!

hi all, i had a program which created a socket on port 7113, but for some reason the program was hunbg and I had to Ctrl+c it. I ran the program for a couple of times and now when I do a netstat -a I see that these sockets are lingering and that might be the reason why my program is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naanu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hanging port?

Ok, this question my be different. I can ping our unix box, but when we I to access the webpage I cant. To access the webpage I type http://ipaddress:some port. How do I check if a port is hanging and how would I un hang it. Sorry if question doesnt make sense. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is hanging

Hello, I have the following shell script and when i execute, it keeps hanging and nothing happens Please let me know. Requirement is to read data from file and pass it to the sql and create files as shown. code /******** #!/bin/sh while read user.dat do echo "user = $1 email =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshsr12
1 Replies

5. Programming

bounded buffer implementation

Hi Experts, I have a programming assignment that asks us to implement a pipegrep function. it basically has 5 stages and each stage has a thread and buffers are used between stages. am currently implementing stage 1 . In stage 1 am suppose to read directory and store the filenames in buffer1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: amejoish
15 Replies

6. Solaris

df command hanging

Hi Folks, When i execute the command df -kh in my system the o/p hangs.. The command runs fine but takes a lot of time before coming back to the # prompt. Can anyone please suggest the possible cause and solution?. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed hanging

/bin/sed -n '$q;5633653,0 p' lfile lfile is a log file that is being updated several times a second. so, the command above figures out the line number it wants in the lfile and then proceeds to output all lines from that line number to the end of the file. the problem is, the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp hanging

Hi All, I am transfering a file through sftp. But the script is hanging at exit occasionally. I am suspecting that sftp is hanging due to buffer size issue. If that is the case can any body suggest a solution. Please find the code. echo "cd /${CUST_ID}/inbound/${SAFET_ID}" >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML text bounded with tag

Could you please give your inputs on the below issue: source.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <P1 > <C1 type="i"><2></C1> <V1 type="string"><6.2></V1> <D1 type="string"> <D2><1.0></D2> <D2><2.0></D2> </D1> ...................... ...................... many more... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
7 Replies
LIBXO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LIBXO(3)

NAME
xo_emit -- emit formatted output based on format string and arguments LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
#include <libxo/xo.h> LIBXO(3) BSD Library Functions Manual LIBXO(3) NAME
xo_open_container xo_open_container_h xo_open_container_hd xo_open_container_d xo_close_container xo_close_container_h xo_close_container_hd xo_close_container_d -- open and close containers LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
int xo_open_container(const char *name); int xo_open_container_h(xo_handle_t *handle, const char *name); int xo_open_container_hd(xo_handle_t *handle, const char *name); int xo_open_container_d(const char *name); int xo_close_container(const char *name); int xo_close_container_h(xo_handle_t *handle, const char *name); int xo_close_container_hd(xo_handle_t *handle); int xo_close_container_d(void); DESCRIPTION
libxo represents to types of hierarchy: ``containers'' and ``lists''. A container appears once under a given parent where a list contains instances that can appear multiple times. A container is used to hold related fields and to give the data organization and scope. The con- tainer has no value, but serves to contain other nodes. To open a container, call xo_open_container() or xo_open_container_h(). The former uses the default handle and the latter accepts a specific handle. To close a level, use the xo_close_container() or xo_close_container_h() functions. Each open call must have a matching close call. If the XOF_WARN flag is set and the name given does not match the name of the currently open container, a warning will be generated. Example: xo_open_container("top"); xo_open_container("system"); xo_emit("{:host-name/%s%s%s", hostname, domainname ? "." : "", domainname ?: ""); xo_close_container("system"); xo_close_container("top"); Sample Output: Text: my-host.example.org XML: <top> <system> <host-name>my-host.example.org</host-name> </system> </top> JSON: "top" : { "system" : { "host-name": "my-host.example.org" } } HTML: <div class="data" data-tag="host-name">my-host.example.org</div> EMITTING HIERARCHY
To create a container, use the xo_open_container() and xo_close_container() set of functions. The handle parameter contains a handle such as returned by xo_create(3) or NULL to use the default handle. The name parameter gives the name of the container, encoded in UTF-8. Since ASCII is a proper subset of UTF-8, traditional C strings can be used directly. The close functions with the ``_d'' suffix are used in ``Do The Right Thing'' mode, where the name of the open containers, lists, and instances are maintained internally by libxo to allow the caller to avoid keeping track of the open container name. Use the XOF_WARN flag to generate a warning if the name given on the close does not match the current open container. For TEXT and HTML output, containers are not rendered into output text, though for HTML they are used when the XOF_XPATH flag is set. EXAMPLE: xo_open_container("system"); xo_emit("The host name is {:host-name}0, hn); xo_close_container("system"); XML: <system><host-name>foo</host-name></system> DTRT MODE
Some users may find tracking the names of open containers, lists, and instances inconvenient. libxo offers a ``Do The Right Thing'' mode, where libxo will track the names of open containers, lists, and instances so the close function can be called without a name. To enable DTRT mode, turn on the XOF_DTRT flag prior to making any other libxo output. xo_set_flags(NULL, XOF_DTRT); Each open and close function has a version with the suffix ``_d'', which will close the open container, list, or instance: xo_open_container("top"); ... xo_close_container_d(); Note that the XOF_WARN flag will also cause libxo to track open containers, lists, and instances. A warning is generated when the name given to the close function and the name recorded do not match. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
Complete documentation can be found on github: http://juniper.github.io/libxo/libxo-manual.html libxo lives on github as: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo The latest release of libxo is available at: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/releases SEE ALSO
xo_emit(3) HISTORY
The libxo library was added in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHOR
Phil Shafer BSD
December 4, 2014 BSD