Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RH V Centos
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RH V Centos Post 302733977 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 21st of November 2012 10:42:24 AM
Old 11-21-2012
> AFAIK the only difference in CentOS is the lack of RedHat Network and the name RedHat in some messages.

Huh, their branding is completely different. It is more than just some messages are different.

CentOS often lags Red Hat by weeks or even months in their releases and updates. CentOS repos often contain different packages that Red Hat repos.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Using Apache2 in Centos

I am using a centos linux and I have installed on it apache2. When I used ubuntu I edited the file index.html in the library /var/www However I have seen that this is not the case in centos, so how can I create my "index.html" in centos? do I need to edit some configuration file and tell it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat(8) on CentOS?

Hi, Im currently using CentOS and have a few questions on the command Netstat(8). a.So what command do I use to list all active and available sockets? I also want to include UNIX domain sockets. (I have read the netstat man page but just really confused) b. What states may a TCP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolcalin812
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Help using XEN in CentOS 5.9

Hey guys, I've been straddling with this issue for quite some time now and I'm getting absolutely nowhere with it. It took me a long time to get XEN up and running on my server. We only use SSH to manipulate our servers, but we finally got it up and running. Now I'm at the point of actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mccabec123
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Query in CENTOS

P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } i have installed CENTOS in VMware. I want the linux command to run in CENTOS. The command is to select data's from Event table(our table name) convert into .xls and mail every 2hrs. Can you please help me in writing this script. Thanks, Shobana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobana praveen
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No internet on my CentOS 7 VM

Hi Guys, I am in desperate need to have internet on my Virtual machine. Host OS=Windows 7 Enterprise. Virtualization Software: Virtualbox Network Mode: Bridge Adapter # yum install nmap Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
3 Replies
ftpaddhost(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftpaddhost(1M)

NAME
ftpaddhost - set up a virtual FTP host SYNOPSIS
ftpaddhost -c | -l [-b] [-x xferlog] hostname root_dir DESCRIPTION
The ftpaddhost script is executed by the super user to set up virtual FTP hosts. The ftpaddhost command configures the virtual host host- name under directory root_dir. The value of hostname can be an IP address or the name of a host. OPTIONS
The ftpaddhost script supports the following options: -b Create a banner for the virtual host. This option is useful to confirm that the virtual host is working. -c Configure complete virtual hosting. This option allows each virtual host to have its own version of the ftpaccess, ftpconversions, ftpgroups, ftphosts, and ftpusers files. The master version of each of these configuration files is copied from the /etc/ftpd directory and placed in the /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/hostname directory. If the /etc/ftpusers file exists it is appended to the virtual ftpusers file. If a virtual host lacks its own version of a configuration file, the master version is used. -l Configure limited virtual hosting. This option allows a small number of parameters to be configured differently for a virtual host. See the virtual keyword on the ftpaccess(4) manual page. -x xferlog Create a logfile entry such that the transfer logs for the virtual host are written to the specified file. An abso- lute path must be specified for the xferlog file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: hostname The host name or IP address of the virtual server. root_dir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the virtual server is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed FILES
/etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/hostname The configuration files directory for the virtual host hostname. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpconfig(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), xferlog(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpaddhost(1M)