Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Help - Comparison Operator problem Post 302733821 by Tmart on Wednesday 21st of November 2012 06:57:39 AM
Old 11-21-2012
thanks for trying RudiC, no there's no invisible characters. Still having same problems so I'm going to check each record individually instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem about c++ new operator

#include <iostream.h> class test { private: int i; public: inline test(int m) { i = m; } inline int get_i() { return i; } }; int main() { test * a = new test(2); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with here doc operator in FTP script

Hello folks, I am facing a problem with the following korn shell script snippet: ftp -n -i -v <<EOF print -p open $CURR_HOST print -p user $USER $PASSWD print -p binary print -p cd /mydir/subdir/datadir print -p get $FILENAME print -p bye EOF exit It gives me the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem unary operator expected

I get the following error ./get_NE05: line 42: while do echo ${STRING_NAME} J=1 if ; then EXT=0$I else EXT=$I fi while do echo $I-$J #calculating last occurrence OCCURRENCE=`grep -io "${STRING_NAME}"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with pipe operator

hi i am having issues with extra pipe. i have a data file and i need to remove the extra pipe in the(example 4th and 7thline) in datafile. there are many other line and filed like this which i need to remove from files. The sample data is below: 270 31|455004|24/03/2010|0001235|72 271... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with or and not operator

awk -F '/' '{ if (($2!="30") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat The above command is giving the desired results But I would want use Or in the above but it is returning the complete file awk -F '/' '{ if ($2!="30"||$2!="31") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat Have tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers '&' operator problem

Hello everyone, on the man page of "magic(5)" There is explanation "&, to specify that the value from the file must have set all of the bits that are set in the specified value" . My question is that what is the difference between '&' and equal operator '=' ? I tested it with file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
6 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with STL's std::set container parameter to the operator << ()

Hi, I have this following code which gives me error when compiling. The problem is happening at the point where I create a const_iterator inside the overloaded insertion operator (i.e) operator << () function. The template argument version of set is not correct I guess. Could anyone please pitch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk if statement / equals operator

Hi, I was hoping someone could explain this please :) I'm using bash, scientific linux... and I don't know what else you need to know. With awk '{ if( 0.3 == 0.1*3) print $1}' file.dat nothing will be printed since apparently the two numbers do not equate. (Using 0.3 != 0.1*3 is seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golpette
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using like operator in awk if condition

Hello All, I have developed a script which selects a particular filed from a file ,trims it,searches for a particular pattern and then mail it when found. cat test_file.txt |sed -n '5,$p'|sed -e 's/ //g'|awk -F'|' '{if ($4 !="Alive") print $1,$2,$3,$4}' >> proc_not_alive.txt It is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies
PPI::Token::Operator(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   PPI::Token::Operator(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Operator - Token class for operators INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Operator isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is the list of valid operators ++ -- ** ! ~ + - =~ !~ * / % x << >> lt gt le ge cmp ~~ == != <=> . .. ... , & | ^ && || // ? : = += -= *= .= //= < > <= >= <> => -> and or dor not eq ne DESCRIPTION
All operators in PPI are created as "PPI::Token::Operator" objects, including the ones that may superficially look like a PPI::Token::Word object. METHODS
There are no additional methods beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Operator(3)