Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find out when a file was created? Post 302733583 by rahmantanko on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 05:26:19 PM
Old 11-20-2012
How to find out when a file was created?

Hi All
I use solaris 9 and just realised my opt volume has grown to 99%. How can I find out which file was created on the opt volume for it to have grown to 99%? Which command should I use since I can't go through each individual file to look at the date the files were created.
Regard

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run ? I am wrote a script to mail a list of files whose file size is ge than 0 and returns 0 but wen it finds a folder with only empty files it exits as 1. i need to modify it so that the return for this is also 0 (but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guhas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find created date of file in UNIX

I need to write a script which has to list all the files which are created before six months from now. kindly help on this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first created file date in YYYYMMDD format

Hi All, We are copying all the files into ARCHIVE directory after we process them. We are doing this process from last 2 years, now we have a lot of files in ARCHIVE directory. Now I need to find when the first file is copied into this directory? If I Issue, ls -l /ARCHIVE/*.* | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to find a file created in UNIX every monday.???

Hi All Any one please suggest me... I have one directory every monday one file will be created in that directory. so if the file is created on monday or not i need check first. How can write a script??? if the file is not created i want to quit from script. Thanks K.Srinivas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_s_rao7
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file created on current date

Hi All, I'm trying to find a file which is created on current day.... I searched in unix.com and i found, below command. find /land/ -mtime -1 -type f -print | grep "FF_Member_STG.dat" The command checks if the file with name "FF_Member_STG.dat" is created today then exit else proceed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can find the last file created and move it to a directory?

I have this situation /u03/app/banjobs> ls -ltr icg* 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419186.log 56810484 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.xml 2859 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.lis - 125 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.log 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419187.log ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bernardo Jarami
8 Replies

9. AIX

To find the user who has created the file

Hi On our AIX 7.1 server we have a file named /content/development/system.tar with ownership as root. Many people on our Unix team has sudo access and they will be able to sudo to root user. We want to which particular user has actually created this file. Is it possible to find that ? Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
xfs_growfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_growfs(8)

NAME
xfs_growfs, xfs_info - expand an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_growfs [ -dilnrxV ] [ -D size ] [ -e rtextsize ] [ -L size ] [ -m maxpct ] [ -t mtab ] [ -R size ] mount-point xfs_info [ -t mtab ] mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_growfs expands an existing XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be grown (see mount(8)). The existing contents of the filesystem are undisturbed, and the added space becomes available for additional file storage. xfs_info is equivalent to invoking xfs_growfs with the -n option (see discussion below). OPTIONS
-d | -D size Specifies that the data section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -D size option is given, the data section is grown to that size, otherwise the data section is grown to the largest size possible with the -d option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. -e Allows the real-time extent size to be specified. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -r extsize=nnnn. -i The new log is an internal log (inside the data section). [NOTE: This option is not implemented] -l | -L size Specifies that the log section of the filesystem should be grown, shrunk, or moved. If the -L size option is given, the log section is changed to be that size, if possible. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The size of an internal log must be smaller than the size of an allocation group (this value is printed at mkfs(8) time). If neither -i nor -x is given with -l, the log contin- ues to be internal or external as it was before. [NOTE: These options are not implemented] -m Specify a new value for the maximum percentage of space in the filesystem that can be allocated as inodes. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -i maxpct=nn. -n Specifies that no change to the filesystem is to be made. The filesystem geometry is printed, and argument checking is performed, but no growth occurs. -r | -R size Specifies that the real-time section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -R size option is given, the real-time section is grown to that size, otherwise the real-time section is grown to the largest size possible with the -r option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The filesystem does not need to have contained a real-time section before the xfs_growfs operation. -t Specifies an alternate mount table file (default is /proc/mounts if it exists, else /etc/mtab). This is used when working with filesystems mounted without writing to /etc/mtab file - refer to mount(8) for further details. -V Prints the version number and exits. The mount-point argument is not required with -V. xfs_growfs is most often used in conjunction with logical volumes (see md(4) and lvm(8) on Linux). However, it can also be used on a regu- lar disk partition, for example if a partition has been enlarged while retaining the same starting block. PRACTICAL USE
Filesystems normally occupy all of the space on the device where they reside. In order to grow a filesystem, it is necessary to provide added space for it to occupy. Therefore there must be at least one spare new disk partition available. Adding the space is often done through the use of a logical volume manager. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), md(4), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_growfs(8)