Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302733529 by acascianelli on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 03:40:54 PM
Old 11-20-2012
AIX System Engineer

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)