Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx with attachment and message body Post 302733235 by only4satish on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:30:37 AM
Old 11-20-2012
thanks subramanian Smilie

if i want to attach 2 text files then ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH)

Hi all, Think this is a pretty simple problem, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. Let's say that I'm going to have to output the contents of a file as the body of a mailx message. I'll probably do this: cat <filename> | mailx <extra commands> However, how do I go about doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx empty body message

Hi, Is there a way to suppress this message? Null message body; hope that's ok My email string is: mailx -s "This is my subject" myemail@domain.com < /dev/null It's just an annoyance to me that I would like see go away. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachment and body : mailx , waiting for input , signal Control D

Hi, I am trying to send email with attacment and body using "mailx" (cat body.txt; uuencode attach.txt) | mailx -s "Attachment" abc@xyz.com When i type this command, the shell is still waiting for me to enter something in standard input and press control D before it sends a mail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaszero
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
usoc(7D)							      Devices								  usoc(7D)

NAME
usoc - universal serial optical controller for Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (SOC+) device driver DESCRIPTION
The Fibre Channel adapter is an SBus card that implements two full duplex Fibre Channel interfaces. Each interface can connect to a Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (FC-AL). The usoc device driver is a nexus driver and implements portions of the FC-2 and FC-4 layers of FC-AL. FILES
/kernel/drv/usoc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usoc 64-bit ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fctl(7D), sbus(4), fcp(7D), fp(7D), ssd(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) NCITS TR-19:1998 Fabric Channel Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 DIAGNOSTICS
The following messages are logged and may also appear on the system console. On the console these messages are preceded by: usoc%d: where usoc%d: is the per-port instance number of the usoc controller. Fibre Channel is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is ONLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now online. Fibre Channel Loop is OFFLINE The Fibre Channel loop is now offline. attach failed: device in slave-only slot. Move soc+ card to another slot. attach failed: alloc soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: bad soft state. Driver did not attach, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map eeprom Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map XRAM Driver was unable to map device memory; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to map registers Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access status register Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to install interrupt handler Driver was not able to add the interrupt routine to the kernel. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to access host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to access device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: unable to write host adapter XRAM Driver was unable to write device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. attach failed: read/write mismatch in XRAM Driver was unable to verify device RAM; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach to device, devices will be inaccessible. SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1999 usoc(7D)