Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN? Post 302732703 by radoulov on Monday 19th of November 2012 04:23:48 AM
Old 11-19-2012
Posting the result of cpan <module_name> will be helpful (we don't know what backup.pl contains).

If need to automate the download of the dependencies, you may need to configure the Internet connection:

Code:
o conf init connect_to_internet_ok

or

Code:
o conf init urllist

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Modules Required For SCSI Tape?

I've got an HP9000 server and I'm trying to hook up a tape drive to it. When I go into "SAM-->Peripheral Devices-->Tape Drives", the tape isn't listed. I then choose to "ADD" a drive, and I get the following error. I know I need to install the "stape" module, but for some reason even that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumdude
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules

Hi. i installed perl 5.8.8.822 in my D: drive(windows xp).When im trying to install IO-Stringy.pm module( or any module for tat matter ) it is getting installed in 'c:\temp\please run installed script' folder no matter from where ever i run the ppm installation.The path variable is set to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] How to install with CPAN specified version of module

Hello all, i am searching how to install a module but the question is : howto specify CPAN to install a determined version of the module ? In my case i want to install DBD:Oracle1.14 and not version 1.23 proposed ! Any idea welcome ! :rolleyes: Thanks ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun_cracker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Unable to install Perl module via CPAN

Hi, I am trying to install Unicode::String from the cpan shell, and here is what I get: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychomachine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install Perl Modules

Hi guys, I need to upgrade perl modules on about multiple machines. I'm writing a for loop for it. for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6; do ssh server$i " sudo cpan Mozilla::CA, sudo cpan LWP::UserAgent, sudo cpan LWP::Protocol::https, sudo cpan IO::Socket::SSL, sudo cpan Net::SSL,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)