Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab not starting the application in every minute... Post 302732343 by jabalv on Saturday 17th of November 2012 08:46:30 AM
Old 11-17-2012
You can just use:
Code:
 * * * * * /app/prd-data/abc/def/xyzMonitor.sh

And check crontab log, if it`s runs correctly.

Last edited by Scott; 11-17-2012 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI application through CRONTAB

I ve tried to initialise a GUI application by giving an entry in the CRONTAB. But its not working.could any one tell me how can I get this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_v
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting application using shell scripts

Hi All, I want to write a shell script which will start some application lets say "Windows media player". Please let me know your inputs. Thanks in advance, Niyati (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niyati
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab : bad minute error

when i say $crontab z it says ==> "z":6: bad minute "z":6: bad minute errors in crontab file, can't install. any clue why its happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run crontab :1: bad minute error

Hi can any one help me out. while running crontab , m getting error bad minute time.. how to resolve this error. i created 1 txt file a.cron mirrordir -vm \home\t \homet1 & i saved it. then i created a crontab file ..with crontab -e & i added a line in it. * 1 * * * \root\a.cron & i save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxdost114
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

8. Web Development

Starting Web Application on Jboss

Hello, I installed Jboss EAP 6 on a remote Linux server in standalone mode, and deployed a HelloWorld war file successfully. Opened a browser on my PC and pointed to http://127.0.0.1:8080/filename. I can see “Hello World!” on my browser. However, if the browser points to http://server's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies
TSOCKS(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TSOCKS(1)

NAME
tsocks - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the tsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy SYNOPSIS
tsocks [application [application's arguments]] or tsocks [-on|-off] or tsocks DESCRIPTION
tsocks is a wrapper between the tsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that tsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program [-on|-off] this option adds or removes tsocks(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When tsocks(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically socksified. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/tsocks" or ". /usr/bin/tsocks" Example: ". tsocks -on" -- add the tsocks lib to LD_PRELOAD (don't forget the leading dot!) ". tsocks -off" -- remove the tsocks lib from LD_PRELOAD (don't forget the leading dot!) [-show|-sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including tsocks(8). SEE ALSO
tsocks.conf(5) tsocks(8) AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the main tsocks project and modified. TSOCKS
TSOCKS(1)