Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script Post 302732155 by spacebar on Friday 16th of November 2012 06:09:35 PM
Old 11-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikyo12
If my SH shell script executes the config.properties PERL script, how can my SH shell script access the following PERL-defined parameters such as: PECOSSource, PECOSDestination, PECOSArchive, PECOSFileName, and PECOSResArchive?? Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Try it this way and see if this is what you want:
Code:
$ cat perl1.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
$ENV{'PECOSSource'}        =  "/opt/tibco/incoming";
$ENV{'PECOSDestination'}   =  "/opt/apsproc/implementation/TIBCO";
$ENV{'PECOSArchive'}       =  "/opt/apsproc/tibco/archive/incoming";
$ENV{'PECOSFileName'}      =  "PECOS_Input_1.xml";
$ENV{'PECOSResArchive'}    =  "/opt/apsproc/tibco/archive/outgoing";

printf( "%s %s %s %s %s\n", $ENV{'PECOSSource'}, $ENV{'PECOSDestination'}, $ENV{'PECOSArchive'}, $ENV{'PECOSFileName'}, $ENV{'PECOSResArchive'} );

$ cat shell1.sh
#!/usr/bin/ksh
perl1.pl | read PECOSSource PECOSDestination PECOSArchive PECOSFileName PECOSResArchive

echo $PECOSSource
echo $PECOSDestination
echo $PECOSArchive
echo $PECOSFileName
echo $PECOSResArchive

$ shell1.sh
/opt/tibco/incoming
/opt/apsproc/implementation/TIBCO
/opt/apsproc/tibco/archive/incoming
PECOS_Input_1.xml
/opt/apsproc/tibco/archive/outgoing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Values from a shell script

Hi all I want to know how to pass value from one shell script to another suppose i have script named A.This 'A.sh' calls 'B.sh' .Now some calculations are done by B.sh ..Say in variable X. Now i want to pass the value of this X variable to 'A.sh'... A.sh ----> B.sh ( X variable ) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help passing variables in shell script to perl one-liner

I'm writing a script to automate some post-install tasks on RHEL4 servers. I need the following code to insert an 'A' in the middle of a string, then replace the string in a file. I know I can use sed to do this, but I'd like to use perl's in place edit so I don't have to write to a temp file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing the values to the secondary script when it invoked by primary script

Hi, When I invoke a script s1.sh it will call an another script s2.sh by itself. This script s2.sh will call some java files, so while running the script it asks for a file name to be processed. Which we can see in the screen. The file name to be processed is present in script s1.sh Now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a file handler and an array from Perl to Shell Script

Hi there, I am trying to call a shell script from a Perl script. here is the code: @args = ("sh", "someshellprg.sh", "a file handler", "an array"); system(@args) == 0 or die "system @args failed: $?"; in the shell program, I examine if the arguments exits using: if then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values to the shell script

Hi, Solaris : 10 . I have 3 database in single file system i.e. /d01 . whenever I connect to oracle user using the below method #su - oracle It will prompt for which database environment you want to set(PROD,TEST,UAT) : whichever i need i will enter required DATABASE and perform my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking co-presence of Var. - Shell or Perl

Hey fellas, I've posted this problem a few days back and I received just one post which was in PHP that I have no idea about! (Thanks to DGPickett) It would be so nice if you can help me with this in Shell or Perl. Here is the story: I have a big table with variables and observations. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values from awk to shell variable

I am writing a script where I need awk to test if two columns are the same and shell to do something if they are or are not. Here is the code I'm working with: @ test = 0 ... test = `awk '{if($1!=$2) print 1; else print 0}' time_test.tmp` #time_test.tmp holds two values separated by a space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)