Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NAS drive (WD My Book Live) via Solaris Post 302732093 by orange47 on Friday 16th of November 2012 02:55:08 PM
Old 11-16-2012
perhaps you could also 'ftp mount' it. but that's unsecure.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Solaris Admin book??

Can anyone recommend a good Solaris 8 or 9 Admin book? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris x86 Book?

Does anyone know of a good book to read that teaches you all about Solaris for the x86 platform? Or maybe something related? A good website? Anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris administration book

hi can anyone give me a link of Solaris administration book (solaris 10). Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Book

Can anyone recommend a decent Solaris 10 book I should purchase? I wouldl like to sit the certification exams so something that covers all topics would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjw
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting NAS Drive on solaris

Hi, Im running 32-bit solaris on sparc. We have a NAS(Network attached drive), with its IP address, username and password. I'd like to be able to mount it on the solaris machine, and unmount it. The best possibility would be able to mount it simulataneously on 2 or more systems. Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
9 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 10 errors mount external usb Harddisk zfs on a nas without cdrom

Hi, I try to mount an external USB HD on a solaris 10 without any success. Machine hardware: i86pc OS version: 5.10 Processor type: i386 Hardware: i86pc The HD is a zfs, but I installed this with a Ubuntu 8.10. iostat -En displays this: --> so the system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edubidu
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to access a nas storage (freeNAS) using Solaris?

i have installed freeNAS in one vmware machine and same way i have an solaris vwmare setup. i have created a volume about 500mb using freeNAS. but after that i blacked out. 1. How shall i make solaris access this share? 2. What all configuration i have to make from solaris end. NOTE: my... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS

Good Morning, I have 2 Solaris 9 machines sharing a NAS, and need to have users to be able to log in from the 2nd machine and get to all of their files on the NAS that were created on the 1st machine. So far its working ok, but when users log in to the second machine, their user IDs show... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
20 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)