Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTFS Filesystem
Operating Systems SCO HTFS Filesystem Post 302732067 by Lazere on Friday 16th of November 2012 01:50:37 PM
Old 11-16-2012
Thank you jgt, I'll try that with booting the drive with different hardware. Sadly, installing another version of it is a non-starter as I don't have any SCO disks. But I'll definitely try to boot it to new hardware.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/hd* ?? & HTFS .... What is this stuff?

# grep "Jul 3" syslog.messages | more Jul 3 00:16:03 www3 CPU3: NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42) Jul 3 00:16:08 www3 CPU3: NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42) Jul 3 00:17:01 www3 CPU2: NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42) Jul 3 00:17:06 www3 syslogd: /usr/adm/debug: No space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning: HTFS: bad dir inode 62730 on HTFS dev hd (1/42)

Hello all. I am receiving this message on the console of a SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server. The hardware is IBM, running mirrored SCSI drives with a hot-swap spare off of an IBM Serveraid controller. I suspect that some permutation of fsck can help me resolve whatever is causing the error, but I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoublePanic
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42)

If somebody solve this error please help me! Thanks in advance! :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
7 Replies

4. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition. First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carribey
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem

i am about to install oracle on my solaris x86-64 This installation require 4Gb space and i qish to do this installation on the directory /u01/app/oracle The following was my approch mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle i then use the command below to see if there is enough space # df -h... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

htfs file system !

Hi, How to mount HTFS FS (from SCO UNIX) under linux? Best regards. where is link: htfs_fs-0.01alpha.tar.bz2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EMREZ
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

10. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)