Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find matches and write the data before it Post 302731951 by Priyanka Chopra on Friday 16th of November 2012 05:55:18 AM
Old 11-16-2012
I doesnt wrk even on these once

first file pHAMRGKBT2D

second file Pharmgkbdrugdisease3.txt SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extarcting data from a file that matches two different patterns

Say I have data like shown below. I want all the data that contains XXXX and where it finds XXXX then I also want the Timestamp and the Error fields. I have tried egrep "XXXX|Timestamp" > test.txt. That pulls out the data correctly but gives me two records for each message and it also pulls the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find matches in file

Hi, im have log file ~100000 lines, 192.168.29.1 at 10/08/09 13:58:55 192.168.60.1 at 10/08/09 14:11:28 192.168.58.171 at 10/08/09 14:12:45 192.168.61.12 at 10/08/09 14:15:44 192.168.60.1 at 10/08/09 14:16:36 192.168.60.1 at 10/08/09 14:17:43 192.168.61.12 at 10/08/09 14:18:08... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/grep returns no matches

Hi all! I've faced with very unintelligible error using find/grep like this: root@v29221:~# find /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru | grep u28507I get nothing as a result, but: root@v29221:~# grep u28507 /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru/_var.inc $db_name = 'u28507';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories that contains more than n matches of a certain filename

I need to construct a command that finds directories which contains more than n matches of a certain filename. E.g. I have many directories at different locations and want to find all directories that has 2 or more .dat-files. I thought of using find and maybe the exec parameter to issue an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

zgrep cannot find all matches

$ cat 1.csv abc in csv $ cat 1.mnf abc in mnf $ zip 1.zip 1.csv 1.mnf adding: 1.csv (stored 0%) adding: 1.mnf (stored 0%) $ zgrep abc 1.zip abc in csv How come zgrep cannot find "abc in mnf"? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common entries in 2 list and write data before it

Hi all, I have 2 files: second file I want if entries in one file will match in other file. It shuld wite approve before it so output shuld be (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Data in test file and write each out to a line

I have a .csv file that has been create from a google form and I need to extract the data from it that has been entered by users. The CSV will have anywhere between 100 and 1000 lines which comprise entr data for a sports carnival A few typical line is shown here to show the problem I have ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a text and if condition matches then replace it

Need a script that can find text in a file and replace it accordingly. This is the file I have: while IFS=',' read -r f1 f2 f3 do { nohup /home/testuser/dbmaintenance/sys_offline_maintenance.sh $f1 $f2 $f3 > $f2.out & } done < "/home/testuser/dbmaintenance/week1offlineserver.txt" In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhhe
4 Replies
grcompiler(1)															     grcompiler(1)

NAME
grcompiler - Compile GDL into a TrueType Font SYNOPSIS
grcompiler [-d] [-D] [-g] [-n number] [-v number] [-w number] [-wall] [-q] gdl-file font-file [output-file] [output-fontname] Description Grcompiler compiles a Graphite Description Language description of the smarts for a font along with a TrueType Font to create a graphite font with graphite tables in it. -d Generate XML debugger file. -D Generate all debugger files. -g Permit and ignore invalid glyph definitions. -nnumber Set name table start location. -q Quiet mode (no messages except on error). -vnumber Set Silf table version number. -wnnnn Ignore warning with the given number. This option may be repeated. -wall Display all warnings. Environment grcompiler makes use of the following environment variables GDLPP Specifies the command to execute to run the GDL preprocessor Files gdlerr.txt Warnings and errors are output to this file. dbg_classes.txt Debug file that specifies the classes stored in the font in terms of their GDL source and containing glyph ids in hex. dbg_cmap.txt Debug file giving Unicode to glyph mapping of all the glyphs in the font and vice versa. dbg_enginecode.txt Debug file containing the action code and constraint code associated with each pass and rule in a pass. dbg_fsm.txt Debug file that gives the finite state machines of each pass and the rules referenced. For each pass, a mapping is given between glyph and column number. dbg_glyphattrs.txt Debug file containing all the glyph attributes and their names, along with values specified for each glyph. dbg_parsetree.txt Debug file giving the complete parse tree of the GDL source file. dbg_ruleprec.txt Debug file that lists the rules in precedence order (order in which they will be tested) for each pass. $_temp.gdl Debug file containing the output of gdlpp Author Martin Hosken <mhosken@users.sourceforge.net> $Date: 2012-05-29 11:36:50 $ grcompiler(1)