Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandatory FS for mksysb
Operating Systems AIX Mandatory FS for mksysb Post 302731449 by Fundix on Thursday 15th of November 2012 04:48:16 AM
Old 11-15-2012
Mandatory FS for mksysb

Hi all,

my first post. Be kind to me and to my english writing (i'm french) Smilie

During mksysb backup, some files are moving. I don't know yet which files (i'm starting a new job). For now, i'm wondering which fs are mandatory for a mksysb backup.

Currently, hereafter the content of rootvg :
Code:
hd5                 boot       1       2       2    closed/syncd  N/A
hd6                 paging     66      132     2    open/syncd    N/A
hd8                 jfs2log    1       2       2    open/syncd    N/A
hd4                 jfs2       63      126     2    open/syncd    /
hd2                 jfs2       95      190     2    open/syncd    /usr
hd9var              jfs2       25      50      2    open/syncd    /var
hd3                 jfs2       16      32      2    open/syncd    /tmp
hd1                 jfs2       4       8       2    open/syncd    /home
hd10opt             jfs2       26      52      2    open/syncd    /opt
hd11admin           jfs2       4       8       2    open/syncd    /admin
livedump            jfs2       8       16      2    open/syncd    /var/adm/ras/livedump
loglv02             jfslog     1       1       1    closed/syncd  N/A
lvnim02prod00       jfs2       4       8       2    open/syncd    /prod
lvnim02log00        jfs2       63      126     2    open/syncd    /log
lvnim02logNM00      jfs2       62      124     2    open/syncd    /lognmon

Have a nice day
Pat

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mandatory fileds in Bugzilla

Hi, We need to configure some of the fileds in bugzilla like Platform,OS, Version etc are mandatory. Is it possible to set, if yes then how to configure. Thanks & Regards, Bache (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb

Hello everyone I have two questions. I would like to hear your opinions, your tips. I have several box with aix 5.3. the rootvg in each box has mirror. but I have a cron that makes a mksysb every week. Do you think that it the best to have a mksysb of rootvg if I have a mirror on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

3. BSD

Log off mandatory after adding a user to a group to take effect?

Hello I have a group called "media" which has a 7 access to a directory with the same name, my username was not included in that group, after vimming /etc/group and adding myself to it, I notice that that group is not defined as one of my groups (by issuing the "groups" command). I know that if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mandatory & record locking using client server architecture

Hi I want a program of employee database locking with mendatory & record locking using client server architecture .there are two type of clients one which has all permissions of read/write called supervisor & another can only read the file.employee data base should contain 1) name 2)ID 3)BU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rluha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage: optional and mandatory arguments

I have an awk script which can be used in the following ways: xi and xf will only be mandatory when processing the file fin.zc. awk -v xi=0/-0.5 -v xf=80/30 -f ./zc2cmd.awk fin.zc > fout.cmod awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -u awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk --usg awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -e awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match mandatory column in file.?

(3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rishabh Jain
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script with mandatory and optional input

Hello I would like to write a bash shell script which will need user to supply one variable which is mandatory and some other optional variables. If mandatory variable is not supplied by user, the script will exit. If optional values are not supplied by user, hard-coded value (in the script)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Is redhat training mandatory for RHCSA certification

Hey guys, I m planning to take the RHCSA certification. Do I have to take the training from RedHat first? Is it mandatory or I can go on my own and appear for the certification? Let me know. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
dup2(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						  dup2(3C)

NAME
dup2 - duplicate an open file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int dup2(int fildes, int fildes2); DESCRIPTION
The dup2() function causes the file descriptor fildes2 to refer to the same file as fildes. The fildes argument is a file descriptor refer- ring to an open file, and fildes2 is a non-negative integer less than the current value for the maximum number of open file descriptors allowed the calling process. See getrlimit(2). If fildes2 already refers to an open file, not fildes, it is closed first. If fildes2 refers to fildes, or if fildes is not a valid open file descriptor, fildes2 will not be closed first. The dup2() function is equivalent to fcntl(fildes, F_DUP2FD, fildes2). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion a non-negative integer representing the file descriptor is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The dup2() function will fail if: EBADF The fildes argument is not a valid open file descriptor. EBADF The files2 argument is negative or is not less than the current resource limit returned by getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, ...). EINTR A signal was caught during the dup2() call. EMFILE The process has too many open files. See fcntl(2). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
close(2), creat(2), exec(2), fcntl(2), getrlimit(2), open(2), pipe(2), lockf(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Dec 2003 dup2(3C)