Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New-gen gaming consoles
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New-gen gaming consoles Post 302731393 by balajesuri on Thursday 15th of November 2012 12:15:41 AM
Old 11-15-2012
Thanks jim_mcnamara. Yeah, I may be stuck with an antique piece but there isn't any newer console lined for launch in near future, say a PS4?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

web consoles

reposted in correct forum (I think) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

web consoles

I posted this in Unix Apps but I think it was put there in error as an after thought. What I am looking for (if one even exists) is a remote Console tool that will work for all my different flavors of Unix (HPUX, AIX, Redhat) I would prefer it be web based if possible. I know HP has a web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

3. Solaris

more consoles

Hi! Is it possible to add more console logins in Solaris 10 x86 like it is in Linux and FreeBSD? The Problem is, when i make some configuration in the console, kdmconfig for example, and something hangs, i cannot switch to another console to kill the process. What i want is to switch with Alt-F2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Consoles gone wild!

I have a Sunfire V890 running solaris 10 that has a weird console problem. In the XWindows environment, everything seems to work fine. However, if I go to command-line mode in multi-user mode or otherwise, my prompt scrolls accross the screen so incontrollably, that the only thing you can do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephgreensr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to gen XML?

hi Everyone, I am here would like to ask about generate XML. here is the content should print in XML... Response XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <response scannerId="888888" success="true" userId="444" xmlns="404 - Not Found"> <locInfo> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
6 Replies

6. Fedora

How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys). I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6)) But is there any way i can increase the count ? One more query even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies
numa_sched_launch(5)						File Formats Manual					      numa_sched_launch(5)

NAME
numa_sched_launch - change process default launch policy VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values unless the application requires explicit different behavior. DESCRIPTION
The dynamic tunable controls the default launch policy for newly created processes. The process launch policy controls the initial place- ment of the child process at creation time. The scheduler can migrate threads from one locality domain (LDOM) to another to distribute workload for better throughput and responsiveness. The default launch policy is applicable only to processes that have no explicit launch policy, processor binding, or LDOM binding applied to them (see mpctl(2) for details). There are three possible values of this tunable: This value explicitly disables any change in the default launch policy for processes irrespective of the system configuration. A newly created process will be placed using the legacy default launch policy. This is the default and recommended value. HP-UX will autosense the right policy setting based on system configuration. This policy directs HP-UX to optimize the launch policy for multi-process applications that share data. Such applications can get better performance when the applications are packed together in the same LDOM. The policy will cause child processes created using to be placed in the same locality domain as the parent process. Note that a different default launch policy may be used in the future with new system configurations for improved application performance when this tunable is enabled. Processes created using will be treated as if they are a new application and will continue to be launched using the legacy default launch policy. This value explicitly enables the new default launch policy for processes. A process created using is placed in the same locality domain as its parent process irrespective of the system configuration. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who prefer to explicitly control the default launch policy for applications even when LORA (Locality Optimized Resource Alignment) mode is enabled (see numa_policy(5) for details). Restrictions on Changing The tunable changes take effect immediately. However, changes to this tunable will not affect processes that are already created. Such processes will need to be stopped and restarted to be launched with a modified tunable setting. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 0? The value of should be set to to preserve the legacy process default launch policy even when the system is configured in LORA mode. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 1? The value of should be set to to improve the performance of multi-process applications. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 2? The value of should be set to when a multi-process application is likely to see improved performance even if the system is not configured for LORA mode. What Are the Side Effects of Changing the Value? The distribution of CPU utilization across the system will change. This situation can result in a change in performance. The change in performance is highly dependent on the workload and the partition configuration. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), mpctl(2), vfork(2), numa_policy(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters numa_sched_launch(5)