Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New-gen gaming consoles
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New-gen gaming consoles Post 302731359 by balajesuri on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 10:17:33 PM
Old 11-14-2012
New-gen gaming consoles

I've been thinking of buying a gaming console. I've narrowed down to two options and of course they are Sony PS3 and XBOX 360. Both have equally good reviews. Most games are released for both PS3 as well as XBOX.

I did search the forums for a similar thread and found this. The highest number of votes for a gaming console was 7 and that was for Sega Master. Now I wouldn't want to play Mortal Kombat 2 or Sonic The Hedgehog, would I! (I have emulators on my PC for that Smilie)

I'm confused. Let me know your thoughts.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

web consoles

reposted in correct forum (I think) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

web consoles

I posted this in Unix Apps but I think it was put there in error as an after thought. What I am looking for (if one even exists) is a remote Console tool that will work for all my different flavors of Unix (HPUX, AIX, Redhat) I would prefer it be web based if possible. I know HP has a web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

3. Solaris

more consoles

Hi! Is it possible to add more console logins in Solaris 10 x86 like it is in Linux and FreeBSD? The Problem is, when i make some configuration in the console, kdmconfig for example, and something hangs, i cannot switch to another console to kill the process. What i want is to switch with Alt-F2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Consoles gone wild!

I have a Sunfire V890 running solaris 10 that has a weird console problem. In the XWindows environment, everything seems to work fine. However, if I go to command-line mode in multi-user mode or otherwise, my prompt scrolls accross the screen so incontrollably, that the only thing you can do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephgreensr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to gen XML?

hi Everyone, I am here would like to ask about generate XML. here is the content should print in XML... Response XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <response scannerId="888888" success="true" userId="444" xmlns="404 - Not Found"> <locInfo> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
6 Replies

6. Fedora

How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys). I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6)) But is there any way i can increase the count ? One more query even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies
DM(8)                                                       BSD System Manager's Manual                                                      DM(8)

NAME
dm -- dungeon master SYNOPSIS
ln -s dm game DESCRIPTION
dm is a program used to regulate game playing. dm expects to be invoked with the name of a game that a user wishes to play. This is done by creating symbolic links to dm, in the directory /usr/games for all of the regulated games. The actual binaries for these games should be placed in a ``hidden'' directory, /usr/lib/games/dm, that may only be accessed by the dm program. dm determines if the requested game is available and, if so, runs it. The file /etc/dm.conf controls the conditions under which games may be run. The file /etc/nogames may be used to ``turn off'' game playing. If the file exists, no game playing is allowed; the contents of the file will be displayed to any user requesting a game. FILES
/etc/dm.conf configuration file /etc/nogames turns off game playing /usr/lib/games/dm directory of ``real'' binaries /var/games/games.log game logging file SEE ALSO
dm.conf(5) HISTORY
The dm command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Two issues result from dm running the games setgid ``games''. First, all games that allow users to run UNIX commands should carefully set both the real and effective group ids immediately before executing those commands. Probably more important is that dm never be setgid any- thing but ``games'' so that compromising a game will result only in the user's ability to play games at will. Secondly, games which previ- ously had no reason to run setgid and which accessed user files may have to be modified. BSD May 31, 1993 BSD