Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to monitor IOwait
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to monitor IOwait Post 302731301 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 06:23:06 PM
Old 11-14-2012
Does your OS have the command "watch" ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excessive IOWAIT

i have a server constantly have high iowait, but i am not able to tell which process generate the most of io. none commands, such as iostat, sar, top will give me this kind of information. hope there is some command can help me to spot the process generate the most of io let to know input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giantpanda77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reduce IOWAIT in linux

Hi All, Any ideas how to reduce IOWAIT and increase disk speed on Linux server. Server has 4 CPUs and with 8GB RAM. Thanks in advance, Regards, Bache (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

3. Linux

how to trace iowait to a certain process

Hi all, Under top command you could see some iowait output. Is any way to locate which process(s) is causing the high percentage of iowait? 17:48:39 up 19 days, 18:54, 3 users, load average: 3.24, 3.14, 3.17 392 processes: 389 sleeping, 1 running, 2 zombie, 0 stopped CPU states: cpu user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor script

Does anyone have a monitoring script in solaris that monitors the drives in an exclosure? The script should be in /bin/bash or /bin/sh thnks again This should be for solaris 10/11 looking for something that tells me a drive is down or offline.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is total CPU usage for sar %user+%system+%iowait?

Hi all Can anyone advise/confirm whether total CPU usage when running sar is %user+%system+%iowait or is it %user+%system only? I want to confirm whether I am having a CPU-bound problem or not. This is a single-CPU VMware machine. $ sar 5 20 Linux 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor a script

Hi All, In a script I would like to check whether the current running command is completed in 1 hour or not. This i want to achieve inside the same script. I don't want to use separate script to monitor my current running script. eg. pseudocode; Command1 if command1>60 mins then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vicky5
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a shell script called within a script?

HIi Guys... I am in a fix.... 1st the code : Script 123.sh looks like this : ./abc # a script which is getting called in this script while true do count=`ps -ef | grep abc | wc -l` if echo "abc is running sleep 10 fi done but the process is getting checked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
5 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script monitor website wth default tomcat script

Hi all, on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5, and the timewait to 120 second, so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					       INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)

NAME
inotify_rm_watch - remove an existing watch from an inotify instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/inotify.h> int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, uint32_t wd); DESCRIPTION
inotify_rm_watch() removes the watch associated with the watch descriptor wd from the inotify instance associated with the file descriptor fd. Removing a watch causes an IN_IGNORED event to be generated for this watch descriptor. (See inotify(7).) RETURN VALUE
On success, inotify_rm_watch() returns zero, or -1 if an error occurred (in which case, errno is set appropriately). ERRORS
EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The watch descriptor wd is not valid; or fd is not an inotify file descriptor. VERSIONS
Inotify was merged into the 2.6.13 Linux kernel. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
inotify_add_watch(2), inotify_init(2), inotify(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2006-02-07 INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)