Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in passing date to external function from perl script. Post 302731265 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 03:21:50 PM
Old 11-14-2012
The string '%Y-%m-%d' there determines what order you get in strftime. %Y is year, %m is month, %d is day.

Since it doesn't want yyyy-mm-dd, it won't work. Change that string to change the order to dd-mm-yy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL function problem

I have perl script as follow. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #! /usr/bin/env perl use strict; sub printLines { print "Inside the function.............\n"; my (@file , $count , $key ) = $_; print $count , $ key ; #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value to an external program problem...

This code is in my 'case' statement and it all else works fine. The problem I have is that the value in 'procno' is not passed on to the external program (fireit). It is passing all zeros instead of the actual process number. By the time I get to this case statement, I know the "Number" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to sed function in a script ....

Hello , I have a script named testscript.sh wherein I have two variables $var and $final (both of which contain a number) I have a sed write function inside this script as follows: sed '1,2 w somefile.txt' fromfile.txt Now , in the above i want to pass $var and $final instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you ref/link/import a function from external ksh script?

Hey guys, I'm not the best AIX scripter about but I can flounder my way thru them to create what I need. Anyhow, I have various scripts that perform various actions and processes. I was tasked to come up with a single form of logging that all the scripts could implement so that the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isawme
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to Perl Function

Hi All, I am trying to pass an argument called "Pricelist" to a Perl function, then the function will open and print out the contents of the file named "Pricelist". But i can't seem to do it using my below code. Can any expert give some advice? #!/usr/local/bin/perl $DATABASE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Function Array Arguement Passing

Hi All, I have some questions regarding array arguements passing for Perl Function. If @array contains 2 items , arguements passing would be like Code_A. But what if @array needs to add in more items, the rest of the code like $_ will have to be modified as well (highlighted in red), which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing date formats in Perl: i.e. Jul/10/2007 -> 20070710 (yyyymmdd) - Perl

Hi , This script working for fine if pass script-name.sh Jul/10/2007 ,I want to pass 20070710(yyyymmdd) .Please any help it should be appereciated. use Time::Local; my $d = $ARGV; my $t = $ARGV; my $m = ""; @d = split /\//, $d; @t = split /:/, $t; if ( $d eq "Jan" ) { $m = 0 }... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
7 Replies

8. Programming

Date time problem while executing perl script.

Hi All, This Monday 15th March 2010, i have faced a weired issue with my Perl script execution, this script is scheduled to run at 1 minute past midnight on daily basis ( 00:01 EST ) generally for fetching previous business date , say if it is Monday it should give last Friday date, for Tuesday... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravimishra
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to external script

Hi! I have a python script that requires arguments and these arguments are file paths. This script works fine when executed like this: /my_python_script "file_path1" "file_path2" (i added quotes as some file names may have weird characters) the issue happens when i launch my python script... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)