Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Record and re-use keystrokes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Record and re-use keystrokes Post 302731163 by RudiC on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 10:52:49 AM
Old 11-14-2012
Can you show us, backed by some samples/scenarios, what the program needs (and gets)? Does it get command line parameters, does it read values, from where (terminal, file, ...)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recording keystrokes in vi

What is the syntax for recording command in vi. If I want to repeat a command over and over. My file is 12/01/05,,adsmte,9,0,0 12/02/05,,adsmte,12,0,0 12/03/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/04/05,,adsmte,11,0,0 12/05/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/06/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/01/05,,tsmpc1,57,1,2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tool to emulate keystrokes out to a ps/2 device?

hey all, i am trying to connect my mac to my sony DVD changer so that i can control one aspect of it with any kind of shell script or program. the DVD player allows you to plug in a PS/2 keyboard to navigate it's on screen menu. what i want to do is use my mac to navigate my own menus, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drzoomn
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for an X11 Utility - Send Keystrokes to Multiple Clients

A long time ago, I frequently used a small X11 utility that allows you to manage multiple systems at the same time. It worked by opening a small window that had a button you used to "Add" X Clients to it. These would be xterms on different systems for example. You would then type inside that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alon.Albert
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Queueing keystrokes

Hello, I have a ksh which can be run interactively with read etc waiting for input and so forth. Do you have an idea how can I invoke the ksh and supply a sequence of keystrokes that will feed the executable flow so that it will automatically run as if someone actually walked through one prompt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
7 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Any mac software for recording keystrokes

I'm trying to find a good keylogger that doesn't come with any viruses. It happens to me several times that my browser crashes when I am in article writing or some other thing, very annoying. Thus, I need a keylogger to keep all my keystroke recorded. I 'v tried some, like the Aobo Mac Keylogger,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bluerosen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reject the record if the record in the next line does not satisfy the pattern

Hi, I have a input file with the following entries: 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six 1seven 1eight 1nine 2ten The output should be 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supchand
2 Replies

7. Programming

How do you detect keystrokes in canonical mode?

I'm writing a command shell, and I want to be able to detect when the user presses an arrow key (otherwise it just prints [[A, [[B, etc.). I know it's relatively easy (although somewhat more time-consuming) to detect keystrokes in noncanonical mode, but I've noticed that the bash shell detects... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending keystrokes to another process

The third-party ERP system used by our company has no idle-out facility and we sometimes have issues because users simply walk away from their computers and leave sessions logged in for hours or even go home without logging out. (We are in a factory environment so it is hard to raise the care... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wayne Ivory
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
glutIgnoreKeyRepeat(3GLUT)					       GLUT						glutIgnoreKeyRepeat(3GLUT)

NAME
glutIgnoreKeyRepeat - determines if auto repeat keystrokes are reported to the current window SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutIgnoreKeyRepeat(int ignore); ARGUMENTS
ignore Non-zero indicates auto repeat keystrokes should not be reported by the keyboard and special callbacks; zero indicates that auto repeat keystrokes will be reported. DESCRIPTION
glutIgnoreKeyRepeat determines if auto repeat keystrokes are reported to the current window. The ignore auto repeat state of a window can be queried with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_DEVICE_IGNORE_KEY_REPEAT). Ignoring auto repeated keystrokes is generally done in conjunction with using the glutKeyboardUpFunc and glutSpecialUpFunc callbacks to repeat key releases. If you do not ignore auto repeated keystrokes, your GLUT application will experience repeated release/press call- backs. Games using the keyboard will typically want to ignore key repeat. GLUT IMPLEMENTATION NOTES FOR X11 X11 sends KeyPress events repeatedly when the window system's global auto repeat is enabled. glutIgnoreKeyRepeat can prevent these auto repeated keystrokes from being reported as keyboard or special callbacks, but there is still some minimal overhead by the X server to con- tinually stream KeyPress events to the GLUT application. The glutSetKeyRepeat routine can be used to actually disable the global sending of auto repeated KeyPress events. Note that glutSetKeyRepeat affects the global window system auto repeat state so other applications will not auto repeat if you disable auto repeat globally through glutSetKeyRepeat. SEE ALSO
glutSetKeyRepeat, glutDeviceGet, glutKeyboardFunc, glutKeyboardUpFunc, glutSpecialFunc, glutSpecialUpFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutIgnoreKeyRepeat(3GLUT)