Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Epic - Validate input size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Epic - Validate input size Post 302730753 by mrn6430 on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 03:05:11 PM
Old 11-13-2012
I also have another question:

After I validate the number, i need to find it in a file which has this format:

Data file:
8165886666@myairmail.com
8164445555@myairmail.com

How do I search for 816444555 in the file and check if it starts with a # "Commented out" and if it does skip it. Else a # in front of it in the same input file?

Thanks

Last edited by mrn6430; 11-13-2012 at 04:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate input values

Hi How would i validate value of a variable whether it is number,date or string Thanks in advance Sas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasDutta
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate input

the user inputs names that have to be inside square brackets I want to check if the user puts the brackets and if not ask him to re-enter the names (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH validate user input

Hey, im trying to validate a user input and need some help. The input needs to be just a single letter. Im using a case to so this eg: read answer case $answer in *) echo "OK" ;; *) echo "This is a number" read answer ;; *) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 602chrislys
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate and sort input

Hi, This will most likely be a simple answer. Currently I have a situation where my script will be sent various options: -o1 -o2 -oe3@somthing.com Now, if I want to run a certain command based on the option I am sent, I am doing the following. for o in $(echo $options) do if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate input parameters?

Hi, I wonder how I can know if the input parameters to the script are numbers or text Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another validate input Question.

I'm writing a bash shell script to 'help' me post to susepaste (I can NEVER remember the time options). Here's the code: #!/bin/bash ########## # # Project : personal script. # Started : Wed Aug 03, 2011 # Author : Habitual # Description : susepaste c-li script with user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate user's input..?

$Input_filename=$ARGV; if (!-d $Input_filename && ! -e $Input_filename) { print "USAGE: Please enter '$ABCD/def/dsed.txt' as an arguement \n"; exit; } 1. Input Is suppose to be something like "$ABCD/def/dsed.txt". if the input is wrong the script should throw an ERROR message.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate input files and update

We have a job which we need to run on daily bases, before loading data in a table we need to validate whether the input file is received or not.Inputfile formatsrc_sps_d_Call_Center_Reporting_yyyymmdd_01.dat SPS-Service nameYYYY-yearMM-MonthDD-dayLike above we will get n number of files for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate input files daily

We have a job which we need to run on daily bases, before loading data in a table we need to validate whether the input file is received or not. Daily client will place the files in a particular path.Below files which I need to process for 04/01/2013(Load date).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
2 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User - user model base mixin SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Model::User; use Jifty::DBI::Schema; use MyApp::Record schema { # column definitions }; # Import columns: name, email and email_confirmed use Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User; DESCRIPTION
This mixin may be added to a model to give your user accounts a name and an email address. This module may be used as the basic building block for building account models in your application. It can be combined with mixins from an authentication plugin to create an object suitable for a given authentication mechanism. SCHEMA
This mixin model adds the following columns to the model. name This is the username/nickname for the user of the account. email This is the email address of the account. It is intended as a bare minimum confirmation of identity and for communication of password resets and other account information. email_confirmed This is a flag indicating whether the user has confirmed ownership of the given email address. METHODS
set_email ADDRESS Whenever a user's email is set to a new value, we need to make sure they reconfirm it. validate_email Makes sure that the email address looks like an email address and is not taken. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password, Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Mixin::Model::User LICENSE
Jifty is Copyright 2005-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. Jifty is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)