Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing white space in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing white space in awk Post 302730509 by zaxxon on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 05:34:50 AM
Old 11-13-2012
Nice, never seen before. Where is this documented?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stripping white space...

Hi All; Having a problem with a file.. the file contains the following data... (a snapshot) 1331F9E9DB7C2BB80EAEDE3A8F043B94,AL7 1DZ,M,50 186FDF93E1303DBA217279EC3671EA91,NG5 1JU,M,24 3783FFAF602015056A8CD21104B1AAAF,CH42 4NQ,M,17 It has 3 columns sepreated by a , the second column... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: removing all white spaces

'String' file contains the following contents, D11, D31, D92, D29, D24, using ksh, I want to remove all white spaces between characters no matter how long the string is. Would you please give me some help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoonius
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed + white space

Hi, What sed command (if sed is the right command) can remove ALL white space from my file. I have a csv, except I want to remove all white space between commas and characters. My idea (without testing) sed 's/ //g' Is there a better way? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Eliminating white space while setting variable

Hi, I have a large flat file from host without delimiter. I'm transforming this file to a csv file using statements like # Row 03: Customer / field position 3059 +20 WOFABNAM=substr( $0, 3059, 20 ); and deleting the trailing whitespaces before and after with that sub( /^ +/, "",... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celald
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help with using tr - Removing white spaces

Hi, I have a file that contains whitespaces with spaces and spaces and tabs on each line and am wanting to remove the whitespaces. My version of sed is one that does not recognize \t etc. The sed and awk one-liners below that I found via Google both does not work. So my next best... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Ignoring White Space with FS

I have an AWK script that uses multiple delimiters in the FS variable. FS="+" My awk script takes a file name such as this: 12345_smith_bubba_12345_20120215_4_0.pdf and parses it out based on the under score. Each parsed field then has some code for data validation etc. This script has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: reno4me
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undesired removal of white space with awk

Hi, I'm fairly new to scripting and I have a problem that I am having difficulty solving. What I'd like to do is run an awk script to adjust the string in the first field depending on the string in another field. This is best explained with an example: Here is my script: cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calbrex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - trim white space from a field / variable

Hi, Consider the data (FS = |): 1| England |end 2| New Zealand |end 3|Australia|end 4| Some Made Up Country |end 5| West Indies|end I want the output to be (i.e. without the leading and trailing white space from $2) England New Zealand Australia Some Made Up Country West... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add white space

hi guys how can i add spacein file name with sed if strings have no space around dash input 19-20 ( 18-19 ) ABC-EFG output after add white space 19 - 20 (18 - 19 ) ABC - EFG thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing White spaces from a huge file

I am trying to remove whitespaces from a file containing sample data as: 457 <EOFD> Mar 1 2007 12:00:00:000AM <EOFD> Mar 31 2007 12:00:00:000AM <EOFD> system <EORD> 458 <EOFD> Mar 1 2007 12:00:00:000AM<EOFD>agf <EOFD> Apr 20 2007 9:10:56:036PM <EOFD> prodiws<EORD> . Basically these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
11 Replies
secolor.conf(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   secolor.conf(8)

NAME
secolor.conf - The SELinux color configuration file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/selinux/{SELINUXTYPE}/secolor.conf configuation file controls the color to be associated to the context components associated to the raw context passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), when context related information is to be displayed in color by an SELinux-aware application. selinux_raw_context_to_color(3) obtains this color information from the active policy secolor.conf file as returned by selinux_col- ors_path(3). FILE FORMAT
The file format is as follows: color color_name = #color_mask [...] context_component string = fg_color_name bg_color_name [...] Where: color The color keyword. Each color entry is on a new line. color_name A single word name for the color (e.g. red). color_mask A color mask starting with a hash (#) that describes the hexadecimal RGB colors with black being #000000 and white being #ffffff. context_component The context component name that must be one of the following: user, role, type or range Each context_component string ... entry is on a new line. string This is the context_component string that will be matched with the raw context component passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3). A wildcard '*' may be used to match any undefined string for the user, role and type context_component entries only. fg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the foreground color. A color_mask may also be used. bg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the background color. A color_mask may also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #D2B48C user * = black white role * = white black type * = tan orange range s0-s0:c0.c1023 = black green range s1-s1:c0.c1023 = white green range s3-s3:c0.c1023 = black tan range s5-s5:c0.c1023 = white blue range s7-s7:c0.c1023 = black red range s9-s9:c0.c1023 = black orange range s15:c0.c1023 = black yellow Example 2 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #d2b48c user unconfined_u = #ff0000 green role unconfined_r = red #ffffff type unconfined_t = red orange user user_u = black green role user_r = white black type user_t = tan red user xguest_u = black yellow role xguest_r = black red type xguest_t = black green user sysadm_u = white black range s0:c0.c1023 = black white user * = black white role * = black white type * = black white SEE ALSO
mcstransd(8), selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), selinux_colors_path(3) SELinux API documentation 08 April 2011 secolor.conf(8)