Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 and openGL
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 and openGL Post 302730325 by DGPickett on Monday 12th of November 2012 03:16:33 PM
Old 11-12-2012
You might run truss ogl_install_check on the good and bad systems, and see where they part company. I trust you are within the CDE with your $DISPLAY exported when you run it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

2. AIX

Need to install opengl for GXT4500.

Hi, I try to install opengl bat it give a error that i need the opengl base level fileset 5.3.0.0 I use AIX 5.3 and my oslevel is now 5300-03. Where can i find the opengl files i need (5.3.0.0)? Thanks Peter. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeonbb
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu

Hi, i am new to opengl, how to work openGL in ubuntu ,, i am not getting which packages as to be install and how to install those packages. and how to work with small programs.. Please guide me ,,, it will appriceated ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
7 Replies

4. Programming

How to rotate text in 3D using openGL code

Hi, I want to know how to write text in window and that is to be rotated in 3D using openGL in C language... any answer will have value .... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to draw cylinder using openGL

Hi Sir, i am new to openGL, i want to know how to draw cylinder using openGL code in C or C++.. And i have to insert bitmap images on cylinder.. How to do this .. please guide me ... Thanking You in advance .. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to Decode an image using openGL

Hi, How to decode an image using openGL library libjpeg .. which are the steps needed to do this using C language.. actually my work is to decode the image, store it on the buffer, and place it on cube surface.. please guide me,,any answer will appreciated .. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Programming

Draw a 3D cylinder using openGL.

Hi, please give me, how to code to draw 3D cylinder in openGL, that should be rotated in x-direction. waiting for your reply .. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to install openGL packages?

Hi, Any one help me regarding how to install openGL packages to work in linux. And i installed some of the packages(gl,glu), but i don't know whether they are installed are not .. Which command is should use to check whether openGL is installed are not .. I am Thankful for any kind of... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference between opengl es and directfb

i dont know in which forum to ask this question ..... :( . pardon me if it is not this forum i wanted to know difference between openGL ES and directfb as far i know directfb is alternative to x11 in linux for embedded devices. something like ... application | ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)